Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 LastLast

Originally Posted by jblackfish I've never had an auto-reboot problem. Any that did that to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I've never had an auto-reboot problem. Any that did that to me would be gone in an instant too, jf. I keep trying this one simply because I don't particularly care for the mobile Opera format.
    finally! someone who agrees with me i dont like the Opera format either ive tried using it soooo many times thinking i didnt give it a fair shot each time it gets uninstalled within the first hour im really hoping Bolt stays free once out of beta

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    My final thought (mainly on Storm)
    Warning tl;dr ahead

After using Bolt (aka B, as of this post) for whole 2 days, mainly on my Storm, I have to say I will still going to stick with OM, OM has a few more aspect where Bolt still need work on. Heres some thing I catched

- B do not support mobile view such OM do, mobile view is great for many site where graphic is not concern, such as forums. OM compress/alter its own mobile layout where as B will only support mobile view if that site has it, unlike OM where everything is shrink down... this is first aspect I point out because its really important as "fingering" left, right, up, down all the time just to see some quick text gets really really tiring

- OM has up/down, left/right scroll bar. In which you can tap it for pg up/down, or hold and scroll it as you will on computer. B does not have such feature, therefore goes back my first point, too much fingering around

- OM cache a few page backward and forward, you can go back/forward a page instantly... however this do take up resources from what I see

- Each time B rotate, it need to reload once again (only once for that page, than you can rotate all you want) Gets annoying real fast!

- Does not cookie! I cannot believe this but half the page I go to does not cookie my sign-in, where OM do. Real annoying once again to sign in sign out everytime

- B has connection issue sometime, it will freezes at 20% load often time or it'll take quite a while to get move on from that mark

Bottomline, as of now, Bolt is promising but still fall short as OM just runs better and just works. Bolt does have some pretty cool feature on the Storm such as high-light on what you hover... However on the Bold I would say its a tie between B and OM as B render better, faster but OM has its own mobile view + cache page which make a HUGE different on daily usage

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    I really like the speed of this browser. It renders everything very well and quickly. I do not like the split screen function that appears to inefficiently replace a zoom function. Everything is WAY too small. Still like the bb browser for now. This could be promising though. We'll keep a close eye on it.

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    i have been trying bolt both on 8700g, 9000, and Nokia E63. Seems to work faster and better on Nokia. Anybody else noticed that?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Over all bolt is ok in my opinion on the storm. I just wish it had a cursor function like the stock browser. I just can't wait for skyfire I hope it will not take to long to see it come out to a public beta

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
    Over all bolt is ok in my opinion on the storm. I just wish it had a cursor function like the stock browser. I just can't wait for skyfire I hope it will not take to long to see it come out to a public beta
    I'm with you gixxerjoe, on hoping the skyfire browser beta come out soon for bb's.That would be cool.

bond56 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have it on my 8310 and it is fast and working well

lando4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FB09EF
    i got my link and downlooaded it frankly its lightening fast, shows just as internet on pc so far i have no problem, and it hides scripting, i cant understans why it loads faster its like a dedicated server or someting... i have no problems with it so far
    Lando
    (googletalk/latitude)
    landopecs@gmail.com

PIN# 30FB09EF
    http://jackshill.hi5.com

im happy with Bolt but im also going to be jumping ship and trying Skyfire when it comes without a doubt

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    I have tried skyfire on Nokia and windows mobile. On Nokia it's great-better than Bolt. On winmo it's a different story-painful.

Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    I have tried skyfire on Nokia and windows mobile. On Nokia it's great-better than Bolt. On winmo it's a different story-painful.
    well lets hope that on the BB its great and not a painful story mind you winmo isnt known for good webbrowsers not that BB is known for great browser but they aint shitty lol

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'd almost bet right now that Skyfire will be better on a BB than on Windows Mobile -
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

monuman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been using it for the month now. The new version is much better!!!
    I like it better that Opera Mini.

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    well lets hope that on the BB its great and not a painful story mind you winmo isnt known for good webbrowsers not that BB is known for great browser but they aint shitty lol
    WinMo isnt know for anything but fail

Im THAT srs!

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Ok guys, let's give winmo a break. It is good by its own right as a business phone OS. 6.1 is good, and I am hearing that 6.5 will be even better. I just compared skyfire on winmo and nokia. The scrolling options in skyfire for winmo is what gives the pain. It's not winmo issue. Opera mini works wonders on winmo