Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 ... LastLast

The Bolt is in beta and I don't think its nearly as good yet however ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Advertisement

The Bolt is in beta and I don't think its nearly as good yet however in the future maybe. Opera Mini, its more based on user preference I think. However for the Storm, from what I seen its a kick butt browser compared to the other BlackBerries anyway.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Just with regard to using Pinstack on the BB browser, some of the options that are available on the full browser version are not available, or not readily locatable in the same format, on the BB browser, etc. It (the BB browser version) is abbreviated rather than an "true image," in the interest of speed I'm sure, from the full version of the web site. User profiles are also abbreviated. I'm not saying it's not a great browser but I keep hoping for a "full" browser and the BB speed to go with it, that we can use sometime in the future.

I haven't spent the time to find all the paths to things I use on the P-C. They may be there - I know they are with Opera and Bolt - but I haven't found them using the BB browser. The difficulty with Opera AND Bolt is the lack of speed. THAT is the advantage of using the BB browser IMO. You don't feel like you're going to die before the page completes its loading.
    Bolt may be slow scrolling around and typing in url's at this point but it load pages very fast, at least it does for me. BB browser is the slowest to load anything. Opera is faster but still not great. Bolt is very fast loading pages though. Timing it last night it loaded a full version of ebay about 3 seconds slower than my DSL laptop at home, I started both at the same time. The bb Browser was 5 seconds slower than my laptop and it only managed to load a mobile, single screen version of ebay. Opera mini was 12 seconds slower than the laptop but it at least loaded a full version of ebay.

I only use the bb browswer for very simple operations, mostly text only things, maybe looking something up on google. Opera is my current default broswer but I think once they fix the few places that it lags on BB as I mentioned above it will very likely become my new default.

The small text thing is fixable, you can increase or decrease the magnification through the menu without having to do split screen.

Tucker

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I've tried it, not really impressed. Websites render well, but the browser is jerky when scrolling and lacks polish like opera mini. Can't wait to see future versions.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    Yea I have to agree with DCookSta, it really is a little too slow for my liking, especially since I've been using opera mini for a little now
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!

mpenny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20EDA0B1
    Constant connection probs (connection timed out). No stop option in menu. No home option in menu. I had two diff versions of opera mini plus the browser. Now wish I hadn't deleted my 2nd opera to make room for this. Can't ever get to where I want without issues.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpenny View Post
    Constant connection probs (connection timed out). No stop option in menu. No home option in menu. I had two diff versions of opera mini plus the browser. Now wish I hadn't deleted my 2nd opera to make room for this. Can't ever get to where I want without issues.
    The good news is, Penny, that you can now get rid of Bolt and get your Opera back and wait until an improved version of Bolt comes out to try it again, right?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    I think the Bolt browser is great! I mean sure it's got some problems but as of now I use it more than anyother browser. It renders pages extremely fast and it renders them well, too! My only thing is that when scrolling it doesn't lag exactly, but when scrolling to the middle of the screen it seems to switch to the other side just before you get the curser where you want it. I'm sure they'll fix it soon, though.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Works fine on my 8120. I was able to save my username and password, as well as log in. Only problem I had was that it didn't automatically redirect me to the homepage after logging in.
    I've had the same issue. PS come right up, but I had to force Bolt to redirect back to the mainpage once I logged in. So far Bolt is fast, but it's navigation is shoddy. One good thing is that on navigation on Bolt seems to incorporate opera and BB browser navigational options. For instance, I can scroll up and down pretty quickly by pressing 2 or 8, like on opera, and I can press T or B to get to the top or bottom of a page quickly like on the BB browser. My biggest issue is I can't get to the music pages where dj mixes are (deephousepage.com and bringtheheat.com)

bimmerpower no está en línea Stack level 2
    It is faster than opera, but its still way to slow for me. Not bad if you can deal with it being slow!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    anyone noticed that if you run your mouse over links, your mouse slows down?

otherwise fi youre scrolling up or down or sideways and not hovering over links, its much faster...
    i see RED...

A new version of the Bolt Browser (0.94) has been released today. It offers an upgrade option when you try to use the browser. It's much better. It finally scrolls fast and smooth!

Tucker

Gonna check it out right now. UPDATE: Just executed it - it didn't offer me an update. Will check for new version if I can figure out how.

UPDATE UPDATE: just go to www.boltbrowser.com and go from there....
    Last edited by jblackfish; 04-01-2009 at 10:49 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

It DOES scroll faster! Check it out! That alone is a BIG improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    It DOES scroll faster! Check it out! That alone is a BIG improvement.
    ah its much faster and very smooth its a very nice upgrade so far just based on that i agree

Scrolls fast and typing address actually happens in real time now. This is much better. This is fast becoming my main browser over the native browser and Opera mini.

Tucker

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 ... LastLast