Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Bolt is quite possibly worse than Norton AV.... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5

Thumbs down Worse

Advertisement

Bolt is quite possibly worse than Norton AV.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I tried it and works nicely for me. My only issue with it so far is that the scrolling seems slow but otherwise its nice and renders some sites more correctly then the BB Browser.

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Holy crap! Filled out the request form and got an email with link literally before the next page rendered on my phone! DL now...~via smartphone~

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3
    First impressions: definitely a lot of potential. Pages load super quick, but navigating those pages once they load is a pain in the butt. Everything seems laggy from entering a url to scrolling around the pages. If they fix this and can get the browser to run more smoothly, it will definitely be my browser of choice. ~via smartphone~

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosH View Post
    I received the link by email but could not download it from my phone.. Link had expired
    You can only use each link once. If you clicked on the link from a desktop, you will need to re-request the link.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman225 View Post
    Holy crap! Filled out the request form and got an email with link literally before the next page rendered on my phone! DL now...~via smartphone~
    I found their support replies to be very quick...

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman225 View Post
    First impressions: definitely a lot of potential. Pages load super quick, but navigating those pages once they load is a pain in the butt. Everything seems laggy from entering a url to scrolling around the pages. If they fix this and can get the browser to run more smoothly, it will definitely be my browser of choice. ~via smartphone~
    ...and I agree that this browser has potential but it's not quite ready. If their support speed is any indication of how quickly they respond/fix problems they'll whip this thing into shape fast. It'll be interesting to see how they do.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I find the scrolling to be unbearably slow, I hate that about opera mini and bolt is much worse. At least they added use of the back button. I do quite a bit of beta testing and generally enjoy it. But I find the poor/slow scrolling to be annoying enough to make me not play with this at all. I sent them a support email that has yet to be acknowledged and that was from the first beta..

And there's nothing ground breaking with this browser.....nothing not already handled well by the native browser or Opera....unless there is some feature I have not discovered
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I find the scrolling to be unbearably slow, I hate that about opera mini and bolt is much worse. At least they added use of the back button. I do quite a bit of beta testing and generally enjoy it. But I find the poor/slow scrolling to be annoying enough to make me not play with this at all. I sent them a support email that has yet to be acknowledged and that was from the first beta..

And there's nothing ground breaking with this browser.....nothing not already handled well by the native browser or Opera....unless there is some feature I have not discovered
    Know what, Azstar? I messed up! It wasn't Bolt that had the fast support reply - it was the OTHER ap that I was testing at the same time I was trying to download Bolt. Long and short of it was that I had to delete the other ap in order to successfully DL Bolt - that was odd.

Sorry for the mistake - - I'm trying to contact Bolt support cuz I have a question. We'll see if they respond.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Scrolling IS slow with the trackball but when done with the 2 4 6 8 buttons it's not that bad IMO. Scrolling with the trackball seems as slow to me on Opera.

I think I prefer the display format of Bolt, partial screen, better than Opera's microscopic/closeup format. I might have a different opinion if I used either of these as much as some of you - I don't use them THAT much.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 02-10-2009 at 01:39 PM.

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    I'm not really seeing what the appeal is to this Bolt browser. Compared to my curve google browser, it's a joke! I'm sure its fine for other web enabled phones but does not compare to a blackberry browser.

Quote Originally Posted by soljawitstripes View Post
    I'm not really seeing what the appeal is to this Bolt browser. Compared to my curve google browser, it's a joke! I'm sure its fine for other web enabled phones but does not compare to a blackberry browser.
    What Google browser. Are you talking about Google Mobile Ap?

There are things you can't do with the BB browser - I like it too though. With Opera and Bolt (if they ever get it to a usable state) you have full browswer capibilities.

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    Well, I have a tmo curve 8320 os 4.5. The "stock" browser is what I mean. On the Bolt, everything is just too slow and the font and lettering is really tiny. Still have the bolt app but my original browser works really well. What can the bolt do that the berrybrowser does not?

~via smartphone~

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by soljawitstripes View Post
    Well, I have a tmo curve 8320 os 4.5. The "stock" browser is what I mean. On the Bolt, everything is just too slow and the font and lettering is really tiny. Still have the bolt app but my original browser works really well. What can the bolt do that the berrybrowser does not?

~via smartphone~
    As of right now not much. Think of Bolt as more closely following Opera Mini due to its split screen feature and layout. Bolt definitely has potential. What worries me is that Bolt is going to be a general Java ME application and not BlackBerry specific. Whenever apps are for generic java, they never truly utilize all the features and functionality of BlackBerry. Take for example the GMail app, as good as it is, you still can't copy and paste, or even use the delete button to delelte messages. Instead you have to do it via the menu. The GMail app although made by the amazingly great Google, is a generic app because they want to make it for as many devices as possible, and thus overlook many BlackBerry specific features.

I hope Bolt doesn't go down that road.

Just with regard to using Pinstack on the BB browser, some of the options that are available on the full browser version are not available, or not readily locatable in the same format, on the BB browser, etc. It (the BB browser version) is abbreviated rather than an "true image," in the interest of speed I'm sure, from the full version of the web site. User profiles are also abbreviated. I'm not saying it's not a great browser but I keep hoping for a "full" browser and the BB speed to go with it, that we can use sometime in the future.

I haven't spent the time to find all the paths to things I use on the P-C. They may be there - I know they are with Opera and Bolt - but I haven't found them using the BB browser. The difficulty with Opera AND Bolt is the lack of speed. THAT is the advantage of using the BB browser IMO. You don't feel like you're going to die before the page completes its loading.

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    I just have a question.......

are these beta, or 3rd party browser apps, much better than the preinstalled browser on our BB's (i have the storm)
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!