A manager of mine was telling me about Jott, where you can use your voice ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Anyone Try This Yet?

Advertisement

A manager of mine was telling me about Jott, where you can use your voice to compose text messages. She couldn't tell me if it was a free or a free trial. Has anyone used it? Is it any good? Is it free?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have a jott account and have used it. The person you are texting is asked to call a number for the message some of the time unless they are jott users. I have plenty of minutes and if I used it all the time it would be in my fav's. It also depends on your signal strength. I'll had some messages pretty jumbled up when received. You can sign on free at Jott.com

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Yes it completely Free and there's also Jott for blackberry where you could reply emails directly from your blackberry by voice.........by the way jott does not work with sms if thats what you are referring to................

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've been using Jott for several months. It's an amazing package, especially considering the price. The quality of the speech-to-text conversion is outstanding, especially when I use my Jawbone headset.

I particularly like the ability to "Jott myself", sending an e-mail to my desktop with reminders, etc.

The only significant limitation I've encountered is that messages cannot exceed 30 seconds. So it won't work for that Great American Novel you plan to write! For quick messages, though, it is nothing short of fantastic.

MagicDev no está en línea Stack level 3
    Jott is amazing!!! - I've been using this for a couple of months. I recommend this application to everyone - it's really innovative.

The Link-Two Team
    http://www.link-two.com/bb.html - Practical BlackBerry Software - MagicMail, Follow-Up and MORE..
    The Link-Two Team
    http://www.link-two.com/bb.html - Practical BlackBerry Software - MagicMail, Follow-Up and MORE..

daniesq no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up I love Jott!

I have to agree; I too have been using Jott for a few months and I love it. The voice recognition is very advanced, although it does understand when you spell out words. It understands punctuation as well.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have a jott account and used it. It's great if the person you're jotting gets on board with jott. I'm beta testing vlingo right now and I thing when all said and done, it will beat the pants of jott. Just my opinion

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    i also use JOTT and i loove it. I use it mainly to send myself todo's and reminders...occasionally i will use it to send a short email, but it is sometimes difficult to get the voice software to recognize the name.

But is is FREEE (for now) and works GREAT

www.jott.com

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i'm a beta tester for vlingo and i could do that too.
    i guess since it's beta, the voice recognition is not too great with text messaging. but with searching it worked pretty well.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    I've used Jott for about a year now. I only use it to send messages to myself (great memory, just short), but you can use it to compose emails, reply to emails, etc. There is even an application for Jott you can download to your Berry. If you do a search for it here on Pinstack I think there was post about it already.