I'm trying to look for a GBA emulator for the curve 8320 so i can ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rubbing no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone know of a GBA Emulator for the 8320?

Advertisement

I'm trying to look for a GBA emulator for the curve 8320 so i can play import gba games on it. does anyone know where i can find one? Or atleast the source code to a good gba emulator so i can translate it to java and load it into my phone?

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    I've been looking for various emulators for a while now and as I understand it, the only emulator currently available for BlackBerry OS is for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), though most people that have tried claim that it crashes frequently...

~via my BlackBerry 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~

pip11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Google "meboy"

I know it works with color games but I'm not sure about GBA.

You have to convert the .jar file to a .cod and .alx then install through the desktop manager tho.

Hope this helps

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by pip11 View Post
    You have to convert the .jar file to a .cod and .alx then install through the desktop manager tho.
    But if it's in .jar format, you should be able to install it directly to your BlackBerry device, over-the-air (OTA)...

*Confused*

Yes you should but from my previous experiences it won't install as a .jar. It gives you some error message. I think it has something to do with the size of the file. You can try it tho. Also check out this thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...b_cod_alx.html

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    if you save the jar file directly on your memcard or phone mem and access...it should DL as an OTA...try that
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Unless they have significantly upgraded the processor in the BB, I doubt it would run too well. Now, the NES emulator we had before could have been coded very poorly, but the 312Mhz processor in my 8700 and I think the pearl and 8300 could hardly play an NES game at all. I would think the GBA would take even more processing power to run. I would think you'd either need a very efficient emulator or a BB with some more power to run it smoothly.

Ya, meboy is somewhat laggy and there is a setting for skipping frames to make the gameplay more smooth. It isn't perfect but its the best option I've seen