Does anyone know of A Remote Desktop PC program, like GoToMyPc? GoToMyPc does not support ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Question Anyone know of...?

Advertisement

Does anyone know of A Remote Desktop PC program, like GoToMyPc?
    GoToMyPc does not support the BlackBerry 7290!!
    And not Avvenue either, tried that one & didn't care for it!
    Thanks!!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Anyone know of...?

kutdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

theres also another program called ORB
    not sure if it was manufactured for BB use. But i tried it anyway to see if i could access my computer at home (just cause BB phones are cool) and it worked. i just used my bb browser and connected to ORB.com. you have to have the program installed on your computer at home, then log on with ur bb. Just a thought!

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think I want to try that. My wife works on the net from might be fun to play with her. Lol. Open up programs goto crazy websites

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: Anyone know of...?

Quote Originally Posted by kutdawg
    theres also another program called ORB
    not sure if it was manufactured for BB use. But i tried it anyway to see if i could access my computer at home (just cause BB phones are cool) and it worked. i just used my bb browser and connected to ORB.com. you have to have the program installed on your computer at home, then log on with ur bb. Just a thought!
    Found this about orb>>
    What is Orb?

Orb takes the home out of home entertainment! Orb gives you secure access to your digital media from your home computer through a simple Web interface. Stream your live TV, photos, music and videos to any Web-enabled device.
    http://www.orb.com/what_is_orb/

yellowone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6E30E

I've been using Orb for sometime....it will aloow you to access content on your home PC but naturally it's only what your BB natively suupports.

For those looking for a Go2MyPC / Logmein / Remote Desktop replacement I must say that I have tried 2 on the BB and didn't care for either. One called Ikodovo or something like that and can't remember the first one.

Many times I desperately need to access a server or PC to manipulate the GUI for something and this would be invaluable if the app was decent. Until then my suggestion for individuals addicted to the BB is to try and make it easier by applying web interfaces to your app if available.

Until then... I'll keep the EVDO card & laptop nearby....for a FREE replacement of Go2MyPC check out LogMeIn. For more advanced users you can bundle Hamachi with your favroite VNC or remote control app (Netsupport for me) to acheive the same results.

Peace
    Y1

intrepid no está en línea Stack level 1

yeah I'm also a major proponent of logmein. We've used Rescue (tech support program) at work which prompted me to use the free version at home. I think their purchase of Hamachi was a clever move