I've noticed that the excel part of my docs to go is missing. Does anyone ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

shooterzroll no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone else

Advertisement

I've noticed that the excel part of my docs to go is missing. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Open the Word to Go, select the menu key and select "check for updates' and then upgrade. Then you'll get the "sheets to go" that you're looking for.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I tried that and it told me that I had the most current software available.

What release of the OS are you running? If you're on 4.5 and go thru that procedure you should get "You will now be brought to the DataViz mobilewebsite using your internet connection. Connect to the internet?" (with a Yes or No option) If you're not getting that you may be on an earlier release of the OS (?)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    What release of the OS are you running? If you're on 4.5 and go thru that procedure you should get "You will now be brought to the DataViz mobilewebsite using your internet connection. Connect to the internet?" (with a Yes or No option) If you're not getting that you may be on an earlier release of the OS (?)
    Had some times where DataViz was not giving me an update...try, try, try, again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Had some times where DataViz was not giving me an update...try, try, try, again...
    Sorry. Don't know why. Never happened to me but very possible.

shooterzroll did you ever get the upgrade?

I am currently using the us cellular 4.5 update. Through persistence it finally allowed me to update. Weird that this happened seeing as I had the update before. Thank you once again for all your suggestions and help.

I think that every time you update your OS it goes back to the original Docs to GO and you have to do the Docs upgrade to ge the excel piece of it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterzroll View Post
    I am currently using the us cellular 4.5 update. Through persistence it finally allowed me to update. Weird that this happened seeing as I had the update before. Thank you once again for all your suggestions and help.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Yep your right fish you do have to do the update again. Also dataviz only gives you like 5 re-downloads of sheets to go upgrade too.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
    ............ Also dataviz only gives you like 5 re-downloads of sheets to go upgrade too.
    Didn't know you only get 5 upgrades! What happens on the 6th try? Wonder how many I've done?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Yeah fish I found that out becouse when I tried to add something like a theme with desktop manager it was removing sheets to go. So if I tried to redownload it it told me I only had 5 re-downloads left. I ended up having to delete the docs to go .alx file so it would not delete sheets to go anymore. Azstar had the same problem too. She posted about it in this thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...o_go-87762/And on 2nd page she posted the directions on how to fix it. I think she found that on even a different thread. Lol. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Woops I messed up that link. Here ya go again.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_to_go-87762/

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks Joe, I was familiar with the technique of deleting the alx file to keep it from reloading the Docs to Go - just not the reason. I was also aware of Azstar's (and all on Alltel's) conflict between getting MMS msgs and having an upgraded version of Docs - a real weird problem - but not the limited number of upgrades. thanks.