Hey Stackers, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything recently regarding Viigo Tango? So ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

avanderlinde no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    SECRET

Any updates from folks at Viigo?

Advertisement

Hey Stackers,

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything recently regarding Viigo Tango? So far I have not heard a peep from them since they release Beta 3... Any news on Podcast feature? Any improvements in memory etc? Will it be compatible wit the storm?

I do admit the performance on Beta 3 is much better than previous builds but I still get the occasional hour glass here and there... I am hoping this gets resolved soon as for me performance is more important than newer features. I am really grateful for all the cool features in tango but wish it performed better under normal use..

Thanks

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    NBA coverage has been added... ck out my separate post on it...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Thx... my bad! Shoulda did that myself

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    lol... we are here to help each other.

jesssquire no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250edab5

Smile A Little Viigo Update

Quote Originally Posted by avanderlinde View Post
    Hey Stackers,

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything recently regarding Viigo Tango? So far I have not heard a peep from them since they release Beta 3... Any news on Podcast feature? Any improvements in memory etc? Will it be compatible wit the storm?

I do admit the performance on Beta 3 is much better than previous builds but I still get the occasional hour glass here and there... I am hoping this gets resolved soon as for me performance is more important than newer features. I am really grateful for all the cool features in tango but wish it performed better under normal use..

Thanks
    Hi avanderlinde – good questions.

Here’s little update for the Stackers... since Viigo 3.0 (beta), we've quietly released two maintenance updates that chip away at our memory, hour-glassing and other core issues. We decided not to announce these releases on a broad scale because the gains we made were quite incremental. The latest version released (last week during DevCon) is 3.0.246. If you’re not running it, you can get it here (http://beta.getviigo.com/pinstack).

Some good news…in the next few weeks we expect to launch our next release to the Pinstack community (we’ll announce this one). This release addresses a number of things that you mention (except Audio). Expect to see a Viigo with some core UI improvements, better memory utilization (less hour-glassing), and smoother transitions. Additionally, we’ve also launched several highly requested sports channels (which do not require software updates) including: the NFL, NHL, NBA, and English Premier League, Spanish League and Italian League Football (Team News, Sports Scores, Schedules, integrated with the BB calendar, etc.). Stay tuned in the next few days for more entertainment (e-books by DailyLit).

The latest news that we communicated on Audio was that we had focused our development resources on improving the core of our application first (we felt we needed to get the basics right first). As such, our upcoming release does not showcase the Audio feature. Good news though – Audio is now back on our development roadmap!

And lastly, yes, Storm development is underway, including support for gestures … if you’re lucky enough to get your hands on a Storm, let us know, and we’ll ship you a link to the Storm BETA … first though, make sure you’ve already created a Viigo account so that you can port your channels/services over smoothly (when the time comes).

That’s it for now – feel free to send me your feedback to feedback@viigo.com (we read it all, I promise).

Cheers,

Jesse Sternberg
    Product Manager

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    I´m running 3.0.246 and i think that´s the newest version you can get

PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    oops ! i haven´t read the post from jesse!
    by the way jesse "what do you think about the German Football league. i would appreciate that.
    regards from germany
    mike

jesssquire no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250edab5
    Hey Mike - German Football League is coming soon.
    Last edited by jesssquire; 10-29-2008 at 10:57 AM. Reason: nomanclature

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks for the update, getting this latest version now
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks Jess!!

PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssquire View Post
    Hey Mike - German Football League is coming soon.
    thx jess, good to hear