I have a few email addresses that I use when I reply. It would be ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

Any solution for Reply To?

Advertisement

I have a few email addresses that I use when I reply. It would be VERY useful if I could select which account the Reply To is from. I have found one utility but it does not work with my BB Curve. So the question is..

Is there any app or upcoming app that will provide this functionality?????

Implex no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Any solution for Reply To?

Quote Originally Posted by tboooe
    I have a few email addresses that I use when I reply. It would be VERY useful if I could select which account the Reply To is from. I have found one utility but it does not work with my BB Curve. So the question is..

do u want to set the reply -to

so that when a user replies to your email he sends to that particular email id( the reply -to field) and not the one in the from field right..

I doubt about any such app
    also the RIM API's do not give you this much liberties.. the address object doesnot have the reply-to field I guess .. i will have to confirm though

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Implex
    I doubt about any such app
    There is such an app, but as the OP has already said it's not working with his Curve.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Re: Any solution for Reply To?

Try this work-around...

Instead of reply, use Forward. Change the "Fw:" to "Re:" in the subject line. Forward allows you to select the account from which the e-mail is sent. The one drawback is that you need to manually address the message.

takeshi, you are right. I did try the app but it did not work for me.

visortgw: good suggestion. My problem is that I do not have accounts set up for all of my Reply To addresses. For example, I use a lot of alias address from yahoo. It would be great if I could create some reply to addresses then just pick and choose the ones I want (like the old app that was mentioned used to allow people to do).

I am not getting what u exactly want .. can u please explain a more

implex, i use Yahoo's alias emails so I can sort my incoming email and to avoid giving out my primary email address. For example I have an email address I use for all of my online shopping and another one for important personal matters. All of these emails go to my one Yahoo account. What I want to do is choose the From address from the various aliases I already have with Yahoo. Using BIS, I can only specify a single reply to address. I hope this makes sense.

implex, i use Yahoo's alias emails so I can sort my incoming email and to avoid giving out my primary email address. For example I have an email address I use for all of my online shopping and another one for important personal matters. All of these emails go to my one Yahoo account. What I want to do is choose the From address from the various aliases I already have with Yahoo. Using BIS, I can only specify a single reply to address. I hope this makes sense.
    yeah got it ..
    will have to think something

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Re: Any solution for Reply To?

OK, here's another suggestion... BIS allows you to create up to ten e-mail accounts. You can create separate accounts that specify different "Reply-To" addresses. On the BIS website (via PC), you can configure as follows in order to not read the multiple instances of your account -- my suggestion to use forward rather than reply may now work:
    When no filters apply:

Forward messages to device

Do not forward messages to device (checked)