ok, so at one point one of the deputies had a CAD version on their ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

TheRealCSI no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4016AB36

Question any law enforcement here? CAD Question

Advertisement

ok, so at one point one of the deputies had a CAD version on their BB and it would actually vibrate when his number came up for a call. any clue how i might be able to pull this off or are the java capabilities just not there. thanks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: any law enforcement here? CAD Question

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am not sure what exactly u r wanting. R u wanting to set certain numbers to vibrate when calling

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

TheReal is talking about the officer's unit number being dispatched through the CAD system which would cause his/her BB to vibrate.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Ohhhhh if you find out about this let me know. I wanna find the hack for that for hub's iphone!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2

Depends on the CAD in question, and/or whether or not it had a direct link to the CAD. The most generic solution I can think of is how the CAD notifications are sent out. If the CAD can be linked to a alpha paging system (many are), the Blackberry phone # sometimes can be entered instead of the alpha pager. If Email notiication is enabled, the email address can be entered in. There are a few CAD systems that have a direct BB interface (done through a backend server that also provides secure access to LEO databases. The best bet is to try to see if there is a pager connection, and try the SMS trick. I was a paramedic for years, and was often able to use SMS in that way.