Long time listener, first time caller. I've been looking for a way to record calls ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

JoeWoah no está en línea Stack level 1

Any apps to record calls... yet?

Advertisement

Long time listener, first time caller.

I've been looking for a way to record calls on my Verizon 8130 to no avail. There must be a way.

I know this question has been asked before, I've done the searches and most of the threads are over a year old and there have been no answers to this.

I just can't believe that this isn't possible on the BlackBerry, every cell phone I've ever owned from CellOne, Sprint and Verizon, smart or not (LG's, Samsung, Sony/Ericson), could record calls.

As for the legality (since it always comes up), it's legal to record as long as one party consents... if you're one of those party's, you count. You can't record OTHER people's conversations. Some states require prior notification, but that's on you, not the the software developer.

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    GrandCentral.com

Grandcentral...

I have a Grandcentral number, two actually. It is good for what it does... but for recording it is practically useless.

First of all, I can't record outgoing calls. That's a biggie.

Second, you can't record on the fly. You need to hit the record button... I think 3... when the call comes in. If you don't do it then, you can't do it later.

Third, not all my calls come in through my Grandcentral number, only a small fraction. The other number is where I have my voicemail routed through so that I can look and listen via my BlackBerry's or computer's web browser.

Symbian, Palm and Windows Mobile all can record calls and they don't have anywhere near the user base that BB has. How is it that there is no app? This has a legitimate business application and I thought this was the business phone platform?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Well if you can develop this then I'm pretty sure you would have a customer base. I understand that all these other phones have applications for this but keep in mind that RIM is pretty new to the general consumer. Eventually they will catch up. It's just a matter of time. All devices and platforms are different and they develop at their own pace. If one device has something it doesn't mean it will ever be developed for a different device. RIM for the most part caters to the Corporate world and the General Consumer just popped onto their radar.

Are there any resourses, like on this site or others, that can point me in the direction of making a open source program for the BlackBerry platform? I know how to program JAVA (Brew, J2ME) but they don't intergrate well with the BB OS, from what I've seen. It would be really ad hoc.

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Software for BlackBerry OS IS Java, Java 2: Micro Edition in fact!

As I understand it, even the BlackBerry OS itself is Java-based...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Yeah...a phone call recorder would be sweet!!

quamamxoi no está en línea Stack level 1

Voice record

Try V note
    Attached Files Attached Files