Introducing a minor but useful feature for BlackBerry devices for adding contacts on the fly. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum
Announcing Phone Assistant v1.4
Introducing a minor but useful feature for BlackBerry devices for adding contacts on the fly. Phone Assistant automatically prompts to add Contacts on the go quickly and choose your desired category (Work, Phone, Mobile) right from the Phone application as soon as the call is ended.
Phone Assistant will prompt you to add the contact only for new contacts if it does not exist in the address book - most common feature found in Windows Mobile devices for example but missing for BlackBerry devices.
Also the existing functionality in the BlackBerry devices to add phone number to the address book only adds to the default "Work" category and in case you want to change that, the only way to go about it is to copy/paste. Phone Assistant will enable you to add the contacts in a quick and efficient way immediately without having to remember to add your important contacts later.
I would appreciate your feedback if you decide to try out the free trial which will allow you to add up to 3 new contacts. Please let me know if this feature is something you find it useful and any additional features that you think might be missing for this application.
If you decide to buy the full version, then please make sure you uninstall the Trial version first.
Please look for the Phone Assistant at the following stores
Planned future enhancements:
- Fully integrated with native BlackBerry Phone and Address Book application
- Get prompted for adding new contacts and ability to choose phone number category (Work, Home, Mobile) right from the phone application
- Ability to turn on/off the prompt to add contacts from the device Options (look for "Phone Assistant Options" in the device Options screen)
- Support for OS 4.6 and above devices (like BOLD, CURVE 8900, STORM etc)
- In addition to adding new contact on the go, ability to modify an existing contact choosing desired category (Work, Home, Mobile)
- Ability to prompt for adding new contact when the device is locked while Content Encryption/Compression is enabled
- Conference calling support
- No support for Missed calls
- OS 4.2 devices up to 4.5
- Versions earlier than 4.2 does NOT work with this application
- NOT compatible with OS 4.6 and higher
4.2, 4.3, 4.5
I honestly don't think the option to add just 3 contacts to test this app would be enough for me to make a decision before spending my money on it. I am all for trying it out but would prefer a beta or a longer trial. Just my opinion for course.
yea second that one
Originally Posted by moderncowboy
Sure that will not be a problem at all. I will modify the app to accomodate 15 contacts if that sounds a fair number. Let me know.
I think you will have much better luck and feedback with 15 to 20. If you browse around you will find that there are some really great testers with really helpful feedback and the more they can test the better they can tell you what they think.
Please find attached zip file with trial offer exclusive for Pinstack members with ability to add 15 contacts.
Looking forward for your valuable feedback.
Last edited by berrylocal; 05-29-2009 at 01:16 AM.
gotta look into this tommorrow-will let the group know
time to sleep
15 does sound better.. I'll load it up and see how it goes.
EDIT: OOps.. looks like I can't. Should have read a bit more. I'll wait until you add support for the Bold.
Bold support please
~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
Added support for BOLD, STORM, 8900 CURVE etc
Please look for newer version Phone Assistant 1.4.1, which is exclusively for devices with OS 4.6 and 4.7.
The Software link can be found here
Please let me know if you need to review the application so that I can provide it with an increased trial duration.
For devices with OS 4.5, 4.3 and 4.2, please use the Phone Assistant 1.4 at the following link
Thanks and looking forward for your feedback
Tags for this Thread