Introducing a minor but useful feature for BlackBerry devices for adding contacts on the fly. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

berrylocal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244D8F69

Announcing Phone Assistant v1.4

Advertisement

Introducing a minor but useful feature for BlackBerry devices for adding contacts on the fly. Phone Assistant automatically prompts to add Contacts on the go quickly and choose your desired category (Work, Phone, Mobile) right from the Phone application as soon as the call is ended.

Phone Assistant will prompt you to add the contact only for new contacts if it does not exist in the address book - most common feature found in Windows Mobile devices for example but missing for BlackBerry devices.

Also the existing functionality in the BlackBerry devices to add phone number to the address book only adds to the default "Work" category and in case you want to change that, the only way to go about it is to copy/paste. Phone Assistant will enable you to add the contacts in a quick and efficient way immediately without having to remember to add your important contacts later.

I would appreciate your feedback if you decide to try out the free trial which will allow you to add up to 3 new contacts. Please let me know if this feature is something you find it useful and any additional features that you think might be missing for this application.

Important Note:
    If you decide to buy the full version, then please make sure you uninstall the Trial version first.

Please look for the Phone Assistant at the following stores
    • MobiHand
    • Handango
    • BLACKBERRYCOOL
    Features:
    • Fully integrated with native BlackBerry Phone and Address Book application
    • Get prompted for adding new contacts and ability to choose phone number category (Work, Home, Mobile) right from the phone application
    • Ability to turn on/off the prompt to add contacts from the device Options (look for "Phone Assistant Options" in the device Options screen)
    Planned future enhancements:
    • Support for OS 4.6 and above devices (like BOLD, CURVE 8900, STORM etc)
    • In addition to adding new contact on the go, ability to modify an existing contact choosing desired category (Work, Home, Mobile)
    • Ability to prompt for adding new contact when the device is locked while Content Encryption/Compression is enabled
    • Conference calling support
    Known Limitation
    • No support for Missed calls
    Minimum Requirements:
    • OS 4.2 devices up to 4.5
    • Versions earlier than 4.2 does NOT work with this application
    • NOT compatible with OS 4.6 and higher
    Operating System

4.2, 4.3, 4.5
    Attached Images Attached Images

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I honestly don't think the option to add just 3 contacts to test this app would be enough for me to make a decision before spending my money on it. I am all for trying it out but would prefer a beta or a longer trial. Just my opinion for course.

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I honestly don't think the option to add just 3 contacts to test this app would be enough for me to make a decision before spending my money on it. I am all for trying it out but would prefer a beta or a longer trial. Just my opinion for course.
    yea second that one

PIN/ID
    244D8F69
    Sure that will not be a problem at all. I will modify the app to accomodate 15 contacts if that sounds a fair number. Let me know.

Thanks.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I think you will have much better luck and feedback with 15 to 20. If you browse around you will find that there are some really great testers with really helpful feedback and the more they can test the better they can tell you what they think.

PIN/ID
    244D8F69
    Please find attached zip file with trial offer exclusive for Pinstack members with ability to add 15 contacts.

Looking forward for your valuable feedback.
    Last edited by berrylocal; 05-29-2009 at 02:16 AM.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    gotta look into this tommorrow-will let the group know

time to sleep
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    15 does sound better.. I'll load it up and see how it goes.

EDIT: OOps.. looks like I can't. Should have read a bit more. I'll wait until you add support for the Bold.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Bold support please
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    244D8F69

Added support for BOLD, STORM, 8900 CURVE etc

Please look for newer version Phone Assistant 1.4.1, which is exclusively for devices with OS 4.6 and 4.7.

The Software link can be found here

http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?...istant%201.4.1

Please let me know if you need to review the application so that I can provide it with an increased trial duration.

For devices with OS 4.5, 4.3 and 4.2, please use the Phone Assistant 1.4 at the following link

http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?...hone-Assistant

Thanks and looking forward for your feedback