Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Ani, this is kick arse man! Great work!!... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Re: An Email Revolution is coming your way !

Advertisement

Ani, this is kick arse man! Great work!!

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Apparantly someone on this board is a big fan of Smartview as this thread was moved into the General Blackberry forum probably hoping to fade away. That's not fair as it IS a 3rd party software and much better so far than Smartview is.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

^^ kind of a harsh accusation...

moved and dutifully noted...

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    ^^ kind of a harsh accusation...

moved and dutifully noted...
    I know right.

Back home where Ani belongs. Thank you very much.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

OrganicBerry no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1
    Apparantly someone on this board is a big fan of Smartview as this thread was moved into the General Blackberry forum probably hoping to fade away. That's not fair as it IS a 3rd party software and much better so far than Smartview is.
    actually....they posted it in the general forum over at bbforums.com too. I thought it was kind of odd.

OrganicBerry no está en línea Stack level 1

I think it's going to be VERY VERY interesting to see how this shakes out between BBSmart and Empower. So for, it looks like both are poised to take over email viewing on BB's.

RIM REALLY needs to sit up and take notice of what everyone else is doing FOR them.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Agreed... I'm using BBSmart, and for viewing it's fantastic -

Wished you could reply in the html format as well... and a few more font options are necessary, but it's solid for certain -
    Last edited by jscottbarnes; 06-18-2007 at 09:07 AM.

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

maximax no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes

Wished you could reply in the html format as well... and a few more font options are necessary, but it's sold for certain -
    sorry, not for me. When i reply BBSmart allowed me to only save a Draft and i had to switch out of application all the time to reply. No way to mark read, unread. bbsmart.

those sold on bbsmart, congrats to u. For everyone else, if you have used BBSmart, try empower. u'll love the difference

maximax no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by maximax
    sorry, not for me. When i reply BBSmart allowed me to only save a Draft and i had to switch out of application all the time to reply. No way to mark read, unread. bbsmart.

those sold on bbsmart, congrats to u. For everyone else, if you have used BBSmart, try empower. u'll love the difference
    EDIT: On second thoughts, even if you have not used BBSmart - try that first.
    And only then empower. u'll STILL love the difference..

eZainny no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes

Wished you could reply in the html format as well... and a few more font options are necessary, but it's sold for certain -
    I really don't want to start anything here and it is certainly not my intention, but there is a reason why we at BlackBerrySmart do not operate in the way empower does and I simply want to provide clarification for those who ask.

Empower actually modifies the email program developed by RIM - it removes fields that were previously in the default viewer (in particular, the AutoEditTextField that displays text) and replaces it with its own BrowserField. We believe this constitutes an illegal modification of RIMs software.

For example, this is akin to somebody writing a program for your windows PC which hacks Microsoft Word to change the font options. In effect, you are changing somebody elses software that is not yours to change and passing it off as your own. Microsoft have in past brought legal proceedings against people who have tried similar things.

RIM created the default email viewer and provided a set of APIs that allow developers to interact with it in a way they permit. BBSmart does this, using the APIs RIM has provided and in no way interfers with it. Empower does not do this, it uses something of a back door to modify a program that is not theirs to modify and passes it off as a creation of their own.

Firstly I am not a lawyer, that is just my understanding.

Secondly, I do not wish to take anything away from the work done by empower. I think they have created a good program and I completely respect the developers and commend them for their efforts.

Peace out! And I do mean that. Let's please not turn this into a mud slinging match. I simply wanted to weigh in my thoughts on the matter since I've had a few people asking me about us two companies.

Cheers,
    eZainny.

PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by maximax

That bug was reported very early and fixed within 4 hours of release of the product... the new trial (v1.1) has fixed that issue...

The developer is all over customer service and has personally replied to me 2 or 3 times outside of threads in personal emails... it's hard to get THAT quality of service and a GREAT produt anymore... he is making upgrades as we speak.

If features you want aren't there... I'd imagine that they will be soon.

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by eZainny
    I really don't want to start anything here and it is certainly not my intention, but there is a reason why we at BlackBerrySmart do not operate in the way empower does and I simply want to provide clarification for those who ask.

Empower actually modifies the email program developed by RIM - it removes fields that were previously in the default viewer (in particular, the AutoEditTextField that displays text) and replaces it with its own BrowserField. We believe this constitutes an illegal modification of RIMs software.

For example, this is akin to somebody writing a program for your windows PC which hacks Microsoft Word to change the font options. In effect, you are changing somebody elses software that is not yours to change and passing it off as your own. Microsoft have in past brought legal proceedings against people who have tried similar things.

RIM created the default email viewer and provided a set of APIs that allow developers to interact with it in a way they permit. BBSmart does this, using the APIs RIM has provided and in no way interfers with it. Empower does not do this, it uses something of a back door to modify a program that is not theirs to modify and passes it off as a creation of their own.

Firstly I am not a lawyer, that is just my understanding.

Secondly, I do not wish to take anything away from the work done by empower. I think they have created a good program and I completely respect the developers and commend them for their efforts.

Peace out! And I do mean that. Let's please not turn this into a mud slinging match. I simply wanted to weigh in my thoughts on the matter since I've had a few people asking me about us two companies.

Cheers,
    eZainny.
    Very clear explanation fo the landscape eZ... thanks -

I'm a SV user... and I think it's a winner - I'm just looking forward to the future developments and hopefully easier updates for us purchasers...

~jscott

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Adwiv no está en línea Stack level 2

Classic example of FUD - Fear Uncertainity Doubt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear%2C...inty_and_doubt

Cheers.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

i just found this post. Is there an ota down load? i'm at work and can't download proframs. Dumb govt computers!

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3

yes.. OTA is at www.getempower.com/emv.php

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast