Looking for two apps… 1) A way to schedule profile changes. I would like to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

MarkBerry no está en línea Stack level 1

an app to schedule profile changes?

Advertisement

Looking for two apps…

1) A way to schedule profile changes. I would like to set my “work “ profile to be enabled M-F 7am-5:30pm, after that change to phone only. My old Skytel two way pager(four years ago.) had this built in.

2) A way to schedule the browser to launch pages at a given time. I read mobile.news.com every morning, if I could have the BB get the page ahead of time it would be great.

I have looked for both of these and have had no luck. Thanks.

Mark

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: an app to schedule profile changes?

MarkBerry, Welcome to PinStack.

Haven't seen any of these two apps. Sounds like an oportunity for a developer.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

MarkBerry no está en línea Stack level 1

I do some vbscript and perl script. maybe I need to learn some java. I seen the blackberry developer tool before, back at ver 3.6. Rather then download and install it, do you know where I could search the bb dev info online to at least see if touching / changing the profile is possible?

This is a really great web site.

Thanks.

Adwiv no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBerry
    1) A way to schedule profile changes. I would like to set my “work “ profile to be enabled M-F 7am-5:30pm, after that change to phone only. My old Skytel two way pager(four years ago.) had this built in.
    Mark
    Its not possible to programatically change profiles. RIM cares a bit too much for our security. They won't create such apps and won't let others create it either.

erattix no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20FD7E2C

I'd pay good money to be able to schedule profiles to be changed at a certain day/time...if anyone develops this, please keep us updated.

christij no está en línea Stack level 1

I'd love to see this too.

AYeager no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203B15CC

I on fact was just searching for a profile scheduler myself.changing profiles is easy enough, until you forget to set it back!

The auto on-off feature just isn't powerful enough for me, and it considers Friday night a weeknight, and Sunday night a weekend night. Too bed there isn't a 'school nights' setting Honestly I'm surprised this area of the BB isn't more developed.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Set a daily reminder In your calendar. That way, it will go off everyday for as long as you want it to. My bb doesn't consider Fri anything but a weekday, same as Sunday is the weekend, how is yours seeing them as anything else? Utilizing what you already have installed on your device is smart bb'ing.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dancoombes no está en línea Stack level 1

RE scheduled profile changes - I would like to add to this debate. I have an old Nokia which is perfect for this. If you are somewhere where you need the phone to be quiet you switch it to vibrate and it asks you how long you want that profile to stay active, so you set it for however long you need it and it reverts back automatically.
    Now I have a blackberry 7100v and this is the only thing lacking in its setup. I am forever setting it to silent in meetings etc and then forgetting to turn it back on to loud afterwards and always missing important calls. I don't know why this would affect security if the application of the setting was restricted to the phone, although I could see the benefit of linking it to a calender. If you are made aware of security implications it should be up to you whether or not to implement a facility
    Regards Dan

mdwheaton no está en línea Stack level 2

New Profile Switcher Application