Which one? I'm in Ontario - full data plan. Am I able to change the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64

amAze vs Nav4all

Advertisement

Which one? I'm in Ontario - full data plan.

Am I able to change the audio languages @ any time (in case I want a "fun UK Female" or regular US Male).

I've read reviews and they seem similar--is it basically "to each their own", or does one work better, ESPECIALLY IN ONTARIO?

Thanks All!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

erico1234567890 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would strongly advise you not to install Nav4all on your BB8130.
    This program was created for GSM 8100, and it will as in my case disable the gps chip . After installation my google maps and bb maps stopped working. I have tried everything from hard reset to wiping my bb clean and reinstalling OS from scratch, with no avail.
    I had to change my bb for a new one . This did not happen only to me.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hlight=nav4all

As far as amaze goes , it is painfully slow.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    I'll take a Fun Female from anywhere!
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

cellulou no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have to admit, amaze IS painfully slow...but only in starting up and closing. once the app is up and running it rocks. moving your cursor in the menu has a serious lag, but don't let that discourage you. it'll track and give VOICE directions in real time. it counts down in meters as you approach your turn so you know how much time you have to get into the right lane. then it gives a voice notification 'bout 10 meters away, another one 'bout 5 meters away, and finally on the actual turn. 4 levels of volume if you're hard of hearing, and it can get loud...just use an earpiece :P

honestly, you'll get use to the wait. it's rarely ever longer than 90 sec. ( i timed :| ). it's great when you're in new territory with lots of intersections the only other beef would prob' be the crappy graphics...nav4all looks reeeal nice, but hey...amaze is free and once it get's up and running, works like a charm

just my 2 cents.

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Thanks for all the advice people!

Cheers!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

mellis2718 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218255b2
    I have used both successfully. It didn't disable my GPS or anything like that.
    Amaze - horrible slow to boot, very horrible user interface. Just getting an address typed into it is horrible. Once you have gotten past that it works like a charm!
    Nav4All - Much better interface. You can actually go on thier webpage and type in your addresses there and then they show up on the BB. Works like a charm.

At this point I am going with Nav4all due to the interface and webpage thing.

cellulou no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mellis2718 View Post
    ...You can actually go on thier webpage and type in your addresses there and then they show up on the BB...
    whoa, didn't know that...that's actually kinda' important to me. i constantly have a list of locations i'm visiting for the first time and worry my key.pad will explode. gonna' give nav4all a shot, beginning to understand why some apps are worth payin' for. my life is passing me by waiting for amaze to boot :| thanks
    Last edited by cellulou; 03-25-2008 at 03:56 PM.

mellis2718 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218255b2
    There is a new version of amaze - much better than before. I would say it is usable for sure now.
    "It is like stealing candy from babies!", Kenny Brack after winning Milwaukee, 2001.

bb8310 no está en línea Stack level 1
    they;re both rubbish

rockinb no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've tried both. I'm going with the Amaze. Nav4all is the nicer of the two programs,but here in Arkansas where I live Amaze is the more accurate of the two products.