Does anyone know if you can take an ALX&COD files and convert them to a ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E

ALX to jar...

Advertisement

Does anyone know if you can take an ALX&COD files and convert them to a JAR (OTA) installation? I've researched it but only can find JAR/JAD to ALX. Please let me know. Thanks!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm not familiar with a way to do this? What exactly are you trying to do with the conversion?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    That is the exact opposite of what the post creator asked. The question was is there a way to convert an alx file to a jar/jad file to load the cod module. NOT how to convert jar/jad to alx, which has been covered ad nauseam.

The goal is to make it installable OTA. Or more interestingly, as I have done before with the files, is you can just load the jad and cod files into a folder on your SD card, and execute the jad from the file explorer in the Media app, and it installs. No horrible desktop installer trying to add/remove/backup/delete things you don't want it to and dimming out the checkboxes to make them required.

So, if one can convert .alx to .jar/.jad, the desktop installer is not needed for regular app updates and installations.

Since the .alx file is just telling it what .cod to load, theoretically, the .jar/.jad file should just do the same. I just don't understand the syntax for creating one or I'd do it by hand. Is there really no converter app to go in this direction though?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I have yet to see an app that is able to do this. I was curious why the OP needed this optional available. If it was to install something on his own device, then there are a lot of other ways to go about it.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS