Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you need to delete all your "Desktop" services books, then your Service Books should be ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ehan no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

you need to delete all your "Desktop" services books, then your Service Books should be come editable. Then follow the instruction above. Be warned, You'll have to go through enterprise activation again though.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for everyone's help... But nothing seems to work. I am lead to believe that my BES has locked my service books.

Has anyone been successful in this procedure who is running on a BES, not BIS??

My company uses an outside company and has a hosted exchange server so we have little control over it~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

babukutty no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks! I got it to work on my 8800

T.D.K no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok, Kinda stumped.

BB ATT 8310 on BES and BIS

Installed AIM ok
    Installed Service books ok (follow below for BES, I didn't have to re-activate)
    - Delete Desktop SYNC service book (using handheld)
    - Use DM to copy over AIM service books
    - Close and reopen DM (with device connected) as DM connects
    to the device it will put the desktop.sync back
    - Use BIS site to push service books back down (att.blackberry.com)

So AIM launches ok and attemptes to sign me on but after a few moments I get an error "Cannot connect to server". It's getting past authentication because if I enter a bogus UN/PW it knows it.

Here's what I think is happening and if anyone knows away around it let me know. The company I work for blocks access to AIM through it's internet proxy/nat. I suspect the AIM client on my BB is using my BES connection to try and connect to the internet (which would use the company proxy/nat and fail). My question is, can I get the AIM client to use the regular internet data connection on my device (like the browser can) instead of trying to go through the BES. There doesn't seem to any configurable settings for AIM. And yes my browser config is setup to use "internet browser" not "blackberry browser".

Thanks!
    Last edited by T.D.K; 11-06-2008 at 05:27 PM.

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    anyone try this on the bold?
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    anyone try this on the bold?
    im trying, i put the serivce books on ma bold jus fin, but i cant put aim on my bold

put it on finally but it doesnt appear on my screen, its in the applications when i check it on my bold
    Last edited by mac14x; 11-07-2008 at 12:27 AM.
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    im trying, i put the serivce books on ma bold jus fin, but i cant put aim on my bold

put it on finally but it doesnt appear on my screen, its in the applications when i check it on my bold
    you changed the vendor codes in note pad wright???
    if you did not that is why you see in your application list because its not really installed.
    so open up the alx file of aim and change all the vendor codes to 102 and it will work

puertoricokris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ gotta try this when I get home

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    you changed the vendor codes in note pad wright???
    if you did not that is why you see in your application list because its not really installed.
    so open up the alx file of aim and change all the vendor codes to 102 and it will work
    i did change them to 179< thats the vendor code for my bold, and it is actually installed but it jus doesnt show on da screen. the application for aim is in the application list on my blackberry not on bm
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

VxARABxV no está en línea Stack level 1
    Worked great man...Thanks a lot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12