Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FINALLY AIM WORKS FOR 8310 BB ATT 4.5.0.55 (might work with other BBs too or ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Aim Works On Att 8310 (4.5.0.55)

Advertisement

FINALLY AIM WORKS FOR 8310 BB ATT 4.5.0.55
    (might work with other BBs too or different OS give it a try)

i been searching all over trying to get Aim to work for BB 8310 ATT and finally i have it ...i found a post here where people have been working around to fix the files so they can work so im just creating this to make it organized and easier for people to get the steps..

I was NOT a part of making AIm available for BB 8310 iam just posting the steps i found at this thread

When i did this i had a problem with my browser.. i was not able to access it and the icon had disapeared but i did a battery pull and soon it was back working fine.. now my BB is working perfectly and it has AIM !!

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR BB JUST INCASE

=>

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t=77610&page=4

the credit goes to all the members in that thread and especially IRON07 from who's steps i followed and got the service books from....so here are the steps

• 1. First go to your ALX file for AIM which will be located at
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.5.0.55\aim.alx ----Opened in Notepad (*OS will vary)

• 2. Then look for all the parts in the file which say
    vendorID="1|100"

And change it so instead of the 100 it has your vendor code which in this case is 102 for att so look for all of the vendorID="1|100" parts and change it to look like this

vendorID="1|102"

• 3. Now save this file and go to download AIM from this website
    AIM 2.0.4.6

• 4. After installing this extract the files and you will have a alx file there.. Remeber how we changed the Vendor to 102 just do that again really quickly....and save it..
    • 5. once it is saved just connect your BB to desktop manager and install the aim alx as you would any other over the desktop installation.. once that is complete you will have aim on the BB but it would not be able to log on for that you need the service books.......for that you just click and download this file below
    SERVICE BOOK FOR AIM

• 6. Now you will need .rar to extract the files.. you might have a software to do that but incase you do not just download winRAR trial and that will do the job... you can get that here
    winrar

• 7. Now all you have to do is keep your phone connected and go to desktop manager... from there go to backup and restore, click advance and when you go down the list you will see service books.. just click the icon that has the << arrow and it will move over to the left side of the screen... click file and just save this service book incase anything goes wrong...now click file again after saving and click open.....open the service book file you installed from the link that was provided before and click the >> arrow to replace it and click yes and the new service book should be installed in your BB

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am having problems with the last step...

I can't seem to install the new service book for some reason.

7. Now all you have to do is keep your phone connected and go to desktop manager... from there go to backup and restore, click advance and when you go down the list you will see service books.. just click the icon that has the << arrow and it will move over to the left side of the screen... click file and just save this service book incase anything goes wrong...now click file again after saving and click open.....open the service book file you installed from the link that was provided before and click the >> arrow to replace it and click yes and the new service book should be installed in your BB

I followed those directions, but am unable to move them to the other side with the -> arrow.
    Any suggestions?

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    this is after you installed the new service book right???

i believe if you cannot do that then go to restore and browse for the new service book file and just install it that way instead of going to advance settings...

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmm I may have to give this a try for myself.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Ash07 nice write up man good job and if it helps i can repost the service books with all the internet and everthing and not just the service books for aim let me know Ash07 and then you can add to the orginal post you got and keep all in one spot nice job again

also if someone can could they post the newest version of AIM its like 2.1 that would be awsome
    Last edited by iron07; 09-17-2008 at 09:00 AM.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3
    I usually don't consider myself a newby... But for some reason I am having problems switching the service books... Is there any way someone can help me out with a couple screen shots of the process so I can see why I am being a bonehead and what minor thing I am overlooking?!? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928
    nice writeup, thanks.

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by robertmrome View Post
    I usually don't consider myself a newby... But for some reason I am having problems switching the service books... Is there any way someone can help me out with a couple screen shots of the process so I can see why I am being a bonehead and what minor thing I am overlooking?!? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    what version of desktop manager are u running i think this is based off the 4.5 or 4.6 desktop manager not that it matters to much but it will help to no

DCorrea702 no está en línea Stack level 2
    so i see all this is for windows based computers...
    NO LOVE FOR MAC USERS???
    :'(

dennisyah no está en línea Stack level 1
    im still suck on the first step! i got to common files and then research in motion and then im stuck! shared is no where to be found =(

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisyah View Post
    im still suck on the first step! i got to common files and then research in motion and then im stuck! shared is no where to be found =(
    what r you running for OS on computer are you on a 64bit os if so you have to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.5.0.69_P2.7.0.72 try copy and pasting this in to your address bar and see if it helps

also do you have a os for your phone installed on your computer? i no it sounds stupid but i am just asking

ehan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by robertmrome View Post
    I am having problems with the last step...

I can't seem to install the new service book for some reason.

7. Now all you have to do is keep your phone connected and go to desktop manager... from there go to backup and restore, click advance and when you go down the list you will see service books.. just click the icon that has the << arrow and it will move over to the left side of the screen... click file and just save this service book incase anything goes wrong...now click file again after saving and click open.....open the service book file you installed from the link that was provided before and click the >> arrow to replace it and click yes and the new service book should be installed in your BB

I followed those directions, but am unable to move them to the other side with the -> arrow.
    Any suggestions?
    if you're on bes, they might be read only

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Well that would explain why I cannot add them. I got aim to load, but no go on the service books.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

atene74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2073F1C8
    worked for me.... now i have AIM and Live Messenger>>>

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Wish there was a workaround for bes users

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast