Hey everyone. I did a search for this but did not find a solution to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rebels no está en línea Stack level 2

AIM Problem

Advertisement

Hey everyone. I did a search for this but did not find a solution to my problem. AIM was already on my phone when I bought it from the previous owner, but I didn't have the data plan there for a while since I was switching between phones quite frequently.

Anyways, I have the data plan back on and when I open AIM, it would say "Please register your device at www.blackberry.com/aim". Alright, so I did that and it wanted me to download AIM again.

So, I uninstalled the AIM that was on there and when I go to www.blackberry.com/aim and try to download it, I get this message:

Notice
    Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry.

Any help on this problem? Do I need to update the software on my phone or something? I'd like to get on AIM here and there but this problem is preventing me from doing so.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Adam

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Try reloading it through desktop manager. Make sure you have the os installed on your device and load it through app loader. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

shoestring no está en línea Stack level 1
    FYI, I was told by T-Mobile Customer Service that the IM clients shipped with the phone (with the exception of Blackberry Messenger) incur text-message costs, not data costs. This won't impact your problems with getting the client installed, but it is valuable info if you have unlimited data and per-message texting (like I do).

PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    It depends on what model you have. The new messenger clients from rim use data only. Oz messengers use text. The curve and the new 8120 both have the new messengers that use data. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Try reloading it through desktop manager. Make sure you have the os installed on your device and load it through app loader. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ok, I'll try that next but where do I download AIM from so I can load it through the desktop manager software? From what I've done so far, it always tells me to go to the website through my BlackBerry and I get the error message that I don't meet the system requirements.

I do have unlimited text messaging as well.

PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    It should be part of your current os when you open up app loader. It should be listed along with the core software. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok, I found the one that was preloaded that uses OZ to connect. There was another version that the previous owner installed which seemed newer.

Is there a version that doesn't limit your buddy list to 30 people?