Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello all, i recently purchased a blackberry curve 8300, and i was wondering if anyone ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

lazylarry316 no está en línea Stack level 1

Aim for 8300 curve

Advertisement

Hello all, i recently purchased a blackberry curve 8300, and i was wondering if anyone knows how to install AIM? I've been reading some post from other users, and they would say aim was giving them error problems, but the posts was 5 months ago, have they fixed the AIM issue yet? Thank you again for taking your time in reading my post.

P.S. if AIM is working fine, can i get information on how to install it onto my phone? Thank you.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Re: Aim for 8300 curve

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

AT&T curves cannot install AIM released by RIM. If you have another carrier, you can download third prty applications such as JiveTalk. I preffer jivetalk to any other applucation. You can download it by going to http://beejive.com/download on your blackberry browser.

If you want the RIM AIM, go to http;//blackberry.com/aim on your blckberry browser.

Good luck

Damn! i have an At&t BB 8300 curve. So i can't use AIM on it at all?

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Try and download Ramble if you it want free. JiveTalk like tak mentioned above is most peoples favorite in here, but you gotta fork over some dolla's for it. Both run AIM
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Sone1276 no está en línea Stack level 1

LOL...thank you lazylarry316 for asking a question that I am going crazy trying to figure out. I have a BlackBerry 8830 (World Edition) and I called Verizon Wireless just now and they were unable to help. No one seems to know anything!!

Can someone out there PLEASE help?

Sone

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    Try and download Ramble if you it want free. JiveTalk like tak mentioned above is most peoples favorite in here, but you gotta fork over some dolla's for it. Both run AIM
    hmm, if jivetalk is worth it, i might just download it, but is it compatible with my blackberry 8300 curve?

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

Yes, it works with the 8300 and is well worth the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Naylor07 View Post
    Yes, it works with the 8300 and is well worth the money!
    cool, do you know how much it cost?

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

19.99 for a single license. 29.99 for multi-user license which is recommended if you thinl you are going to get a new device in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by takadante View Post

19.99 for a single license. 29.99 for multi-user license which is recommended if you thinl you are going to get a new device in the future.
    cool, yeh i might just get that. once i download the file, i might have to ask you guys questions on setting the account up.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Jivetalk is the best - does AIM, Google Talk, ICQ, Jabber, Windows Live Messenger (MSN), My Space IM and Yahoo all in one. Excellent user interface - quick, easy, reliable. I've used it for several months - very highly recommended.
    Last edited by vinmontRD; 12-13-2007 at 06:25 PM.

laxbabe924 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2405FD44

Smile Re: Aim for 8300 curve

Quote Originally Posted by lazylarry316 View Post
    Damn! i have an At&t BB 8300 curve. So i can't use AIM on it at all?

Yes you can. I work for AT&T and I have AIM on my Curve. Go to MEdiaNet and search for "AOL Instant Messenger" click "IM & Mail" or "Mail & Messaging" or something like that and click on Mobile IM.. it'll start the download.. you have to reboot the device once it's done downloading before you can use it. Sometimes I do have issues logging on but I have a ridiculously long buddy list (over 3-400 people) so it takes forever to load and that sometimes causes an issue.. plus it only loads 300 of them but that's not a big deal. If you have any questions, let me know!

JMO5631 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24322BD0

Question Re: Aim for 8300 curve

Quote Originally Posted by laxbabe924 View Post
    Yes you can. I work for AT&T and I have AIM on my Curve. Go to MEdiaNet and search for "AOL Instant Messenger" click "IM & Mail" or "Mail & Messaging" or something like that and click on Mobile IM.. it'll start the download.. you have to reboot the device once it's done downloading before you can use it. Sometimes I do have issues logging on but I have a ridiculously long buddy list (over 3-400 people) so it takes forever to load and that sometimes causes an issue.. plus it only loads 300 of them but that's not a big deal. If you have any questions, let me know!
    does this go through data, or eat away at text message count?

laxbabe924 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2405FD44

I believe it uses text messages but call 611 from your phone and ask. Or just get unlimited messaging and don't worry about it haha

Quote Originally Posted by laxbabe924 View Post
    Hey lax! thanks! really appreciate the help! once my phone is activated this coming monday, ill definitely PM you if i have any problems. Thanks again to everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast