Does anyone know what the issue is with the aim applicarion? Lately when I sign ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mavericmechanik no está en línea Stack level 2

aim buddy list issue

Advertisement

Does anyone know what the issue is with the aim applicarion? Lately when I sign in I don't get my buddy list. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Any ideas?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    First thing I would try is deleteing and resending the AIM service books.

I tried that and it didn't work. I also tried reinstalling the application but with no luck. The next thing I'm going to try is deleting the app, then a soft reset, then re download it. When I first reinstalled it I just downloaded the app and over wrote the file. Ill post here if I find a solution because a few co workers of mine have blackberries and they sometimes have the same issue, and om sure other stackers are out there too with the same issue.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Doing what you said is probably the best route for most everything just reinstalling and overwriting rarely fixes an issue. Post back if it works for you.

No luck with that. I deleted, reset and redownloaded and still no buddy list. I think it may be safe to say it may be a server issue since I'm not the only one.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use BeJive and just had the same issue yesterday with my WLM a/c.

I tried all of the same things you did... then I logged onto my WLM acount from my PC. All my buddies appeared there. And when I logged back in using BeJive on my Bold, they appeared there also.
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

smthkat789 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E46C44
    This has happend to me for the last 4 months.
    I've contacted RIM support far too many times and many hours, been thru tmob and aol tech support.
    It is a known issue and has been elevated to the proper channels at RIM and aol.
    So far it is not specific to device or carrier.
    Everything that needs to be done from the user has no solutions, from battery pull, service books, reinstall, 2.1.32 or 2.1.37 aol app. both malfunction.
    I've exlpained to tech support that the data isnt getting pushed immediately but gets delayed from a minute to 30 minutes.
    Happends between the hours of 12pm - 9pm mst.
    Too me its the data packets or ping rates are clogged/delayed somewhere in the data stream shared with aol server and Rim server.
    Usa fcc vs Canadian communications, red tape?