Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Question how do you get the AIM / Yahoo icons on the home screen?... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

automoglow no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Question how do you get the AIM / Yahoo icons on the home screen?

KillingWthASmil no está en línea Stack level 1
    seems like this thread kind of died off. did anyone ever get it working?

rekones no está en línea Stack level 2
    Not having aim on my curve 8310 at&t is gonna make me go beat my dog via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by automoglow View Post
    Question how do you get the AIM / Yahoo icons on the home screen?
    yes i would like to get aim on my curve can someone post a link maybe

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    ok got it working it works really good if some one needs to no how its not that hard
    first just go to your alx file and change all the vendor codes to 102 for at&t then save it and then you add it through desktop manager like u would any alx file then u just load these service books and bam good to go hope this helps someone
    i found all the info wright here just had to jump around a little
    also if someone needs i can upload a alx file for aim

one more thing does anyone know if this uses data or text my son wants on his phone and i dont have data on his line just unlimited tex
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by iron07; 09-14-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Good job iron everything is up and running..finally. for those that dont know, to reload service books: DM, backup and restore, hit restore and select service books provided by iron07

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by rekones View Post
    Good job iron everything is up and running..finally. for those that dont know, to reload service books: DM, backup and restore, hit restore and select service books provided by iron07
    thank you and for those that are having a problem like i did after loading the service books and loseing your internet i had to log on through my computer and resend my service books just registering through the hrt didnt work for me.
    I am glad i could help helping is awesome

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm on a hurry didn't get to actually read this whole thing but does this mean AIM actually works for BB ATT nw??? What wud be awesom...if so can u message me or post the step by step process to get it....thanks ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I did a battery pull to get my browser back..seems to be working fine~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I GOT IT TO WORK TOO this is awesome finally real Aim !!

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    awsome i am glad this worked i just wanted it for my kids so i can chat at them to make sure they are doing the right things yea yea i know there teens so they dont listen to well

Talon0486 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4011CB26
    ok..i guess im the only one having this problem...but I dont know how to save the aim.alx file after its been opened in "note pad". I try to save it as a .txt but thats not working. can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Talon0486 View Post
    ok..i guess im the only one having this problem...but I dont know how to save the aim.alx file after its been opened in "note pad". I try to save it as a .txt but thats not working. can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

are you using window vista??? even if your not try this

look at the alx file and right click it.. select properties and go to security tab... from there click through the groups and user names and makes sure full control is given to all of the groups.. if not click the group then click edit and allow it to have full control and then click save.. once you do that just change what you have to on the file and save it and it should work.....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    awsome i am glad this worked i just wanted it for my kids so i can chat at them to make sure they are doing the right things yea yea i know there teens so they dont listen to well
    lol ima teen too but yea thats a good way to keep track on them thanks alot for this thou i was tierd of using all the other multi messengers...i made a post listing all the steps to getting this because it was all mixed up here lol but dont worry i ddnt take credit for it i wrote your name on it .....

heres the thread if anybody needs it step by step hope its easy to read...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=86755

Talon0486 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4011CB26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash07 View Post
    are you using window vista??? even if your not try this

look at the alx file and right click it.. select properties and go to security tab... from there click through the groups and user names and makes sure full control is given to all of the groups.. if not click the group then click edit and allow it to have full control and then click save.. once you do that just change what you have to on the file and save it and it should work.....
    thanks that worked...but now I've gotten to the install step and its not installing the app on my BB. I noticed right before i hit next to install the alx file throught DM. A check mark is next to Aim. But under action it says "none" instead of "install

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast