Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

WELL DAMN!!! haha can someone see if this is true. For those of you on ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

WELL DAMN!!! haha can someone see if this is true. For those of you on TMobile and Sprint what does your AIM service book look like??

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes. The service book that begins with wireless village only works with the old AIM 1.0. The new service books look like AOL - BBIM will work with AIM 2.0.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    We should be close to actually getting this to work out. I just feel we are missing something so simple.

I know!!! it's just that damn error message!!! But it looks like only a handful of people want to help! Maybe we should find the fix, get it to work and only give the answer to the few that help. So in that case hhhhmmmm........3 people haha.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I like that theory!!

ShimmyShine no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436DAB7
    If AT&T blocks outgoing connections such as AIM how are you guys going to bypass it?

ShimmyShine

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Best way to bypass, is not to use that service at all, AIM for blackberry, is cool, but it gave me too many problems, and with MSN, and Yahoo, i just found a IM client that would do the same thing, that they all do, the program is Webmessenger.Com..have fun ladies and gents..

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmyShine View Post
    If AT&T blocks outgoing connections such as AIM how are you guys going to bypass it?

ShimmyShine
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwaine12 View Post
    Best way to bypass, is not to use that service at all, AIM for blackberry, is cool, but it gave me too many problems, and with MSN, and Yahoo, i just found a IM client that would do the same thing, that they all do, the program is Webmessenger.Com..have fun ladies and gents..
    HAHA. Um the whole point is yes to bypass this and not to use a different messaging client. The whole point is us ATT customers our looking for ways to free the chains from our BB so that why were trying to find a solution, not an alternative.

pNoyz3Ro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244A4B08
    My AIM works for the 8310, flawlessly.
    T-Mobile Blackberry 8310 Crimson Red

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    How about you throw out some suggestions Pnoyz?

And if you are running an 8310 on Tmo's server then you weren't able to "break" aim out, you just have to correct service is all.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    How about you throw out some suggestions Pnoyz?

And if you are running an 8310 on Tmo's server then you weren't able to "break" aim out, you just have to correct service is all.
    HAHA! Exactly what I was gonna say! Geez, I think Im in Love.

*UPDATE*
    This weekend I did find a couple of stack members that helped me out with there working AIM. I have copied all setting to the T and used there aim.alx they currently have. And to my sadness still a no go. I guess ATT *may* have won this round. Im not giving up at this point. If anyone wants to help they still can. And thanks to everyone that has.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by sanzen71 View Post
    HAHA! Exactly what I was gonna say! Geez, I think Im in Love.
    LOL...wont be the first time I heard that! LOL!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~lol sanzen sebd me those files man!!

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Do you still have both AIM service books installed? Maybe deleting the older one would help? I'm looking at this on AT&T and my 8100 (4.5.0.46) as well - I'll let you know if I make any progress but it's not looking good so far. Is there an option to change ports on your AIM like there is on the desktop version? If so, you may want to try one of the normal web ports like 80.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast