Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was wondering if anyone has tried this. They claim it enables you to run ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Aerize Card Loader 2008 - SD card install utility..Anyone tried it?

Advertisement

I was wondering if anyone has tried this. They claim it enables you to run 3rd party applications from your memory card. If you've tried it, does it work? Any thoughts or opinions?

There was a thread discussing running apps from the memory card and Deguello posted this Handango link:
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=222019

Nobody commented further so I thought I would point it out and ask for opinions on it. Here's some of what they(Aerize) claim, this was copied from their description:

Get the most out of your BlackBerry with limitless applications from removable media cards; the size of your SD Card is all that is left to worry about. Get this super-easy app now

Get the most out of your BlackBerry device by installing limitless applications from removable media cards; the size of your SD Card is all that is left to worry about. This user-friendly app will install and remove applications on your device from any removable media card.

Running applications, storing files, and managing the system all use the same memory on BlackBerry devices. Unfortunately this limits the amount of games and applications that can reliably be loaded onto the device at one time. After you have installed Aerize Card Loader, this limit will be forever shattered, allowing you to load applications and games directly from a SD Card.

User-friendly and easy to use
    Install and run applications from a SD card
    Run games and software only when needed
    Enhance BlackBerry performance
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.
    i tryed the trial it actually works ;] thanks azstar

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Interesting.

~via my BlackBerry Curve 8300 (wap.pinstack.com)~

mike.london no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have just tried it. It works but with quite a few bugs. It looks more like a beta version. Also it is very slow and confusing (e.g. I loaded the 3 COD files associated with ONE application on my SD Card but when I open the Aerize utility, I see 3 files to open but I do not know which one is the relevant file for the application and which ones are just unnecessary files...)

I would not purchase it untill they fix the bugs.

Thanks for the input. The application sounds interesting......but I don't have time to mess with something that's real buggy.

I also don't have that many 3rd party apps that I feel the need to move any to the memory card right now.......but there have been so many asking about a way to do this I thought it would be good to post this for those willing to try it.

It would be helpful maybe for people to post tricks they figured out to make it work better/easier or maybe list apps that do or don't work with it. Just a thought.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If it has "quite a few bugs" as mike said, it's sad that another potentially valuable and most useful program has been put on the market full of bugs, even at only $20. It would be different if they did it as a beta version but it's obviously is not that. They could ruin their chances for success later if people will try it and are "turned off" by the difficulty in making it work but the name of the product will be remembered. (End of rant - it's a pet peeve of mine.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    If it has "quite a few bugs" as mike said, it's sad that another potentially valuable and most useful program has been put on the market full of bugs, even at only $20. It would be different if they did it as a beta version but it's obviously is not that. They could ruin their chances for success later if people will try it and are "turned off" by the difficulty in making it work but the name of the product will be remembered. (End of rant - it's a pet peeve of mine.)
    Amen! Preach it brother! I agree 100%

jmajluf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21ABC057
    I tried it and what it does it deletes the apps. It stores the cod files on the card and then you get the option to "load" the app which is really install it. I've tried it with some games and all my prefferences/scores were lost and at one point it stopped "loading" the apps correctly so I get an error message.
    It doesn't seem to work that well...I'm not buying it.

shotwell no está en línea Stack level 1
    Been trying it myself for over 2 hours, attempting to load Gmail and Google Maps onto it. Gmail has 3 COD files, but only one of them on the SD card doesn't cause an error... and then when I do load the "correct" one, it doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried 3 times with Google Maps, and got the icon to show up *once* on my main screen... but after I "load" it in Aerize, and see the icon, clicking on the icon results in an error saying the system cannot find the google maps-2 COD file.

I have been jonesing for an application that would do something along the lines of what this app purports to do. But so far I have been VERY dissatisfied with the product, since I can't get it to work properly at all.

Plus, the biggest problem (in my opinion) with this particular app is that you need to load the COD files directly to your SD card to work... it cannot take an app you already have installed and migrate it to the SD card. And it's not exactly a quick or easy thing to find all the correct COD files for the latest installs of your favorite apps. Then you have to copy them to the SD card's root directory, where Aerize can access them.

Their documentation is poorly written (either by a native English speaker who is functionally illiterate, or by a non-English speaker who badly needs to hire someone to proofread for them). As an example, it says (and I quote):

"Aerize Card Loader uses the COD files from a desktop installation, usually contained within a Zip file, with an ALX and a COD file. Aerize Card Loader can not work directly with a ZIP file, please see Aerize Explorer for Zip archive file manipulation and management."

and still later in the documentation it states:

"Aerize Card Loader can use COD files from desktop installations, or COD files from an OTA based install. You will need to repackage multiple OTA COD file installs inside a ZIP file and rename it to a COD."

Which leads me to wonder what format really works? A zip file? individual COD's all in one directory? A zip file of all the COD's simply renamed with a COD suffix instead of a ZIP suffix? Hard to say from the information contained in these two statements, and since I couldn't get *any* of those options to work in the multiple attempts and resets I tried, I am mystified.

So... final impressions:

1. Great idea, bad execution
    2. Buggier than anything I've ever installed on my BB
    3. Very scanty documentation, and hard to follow. It says it can accept zip files of COD's, then also says it cannot.
    4. Too complicated to set up, unless they can release a version that allows you to pull COD's directly from your BB's already-installed apps. I don't want to have to hunt down all my COD's online or on my laptop to move them (not to mention having to do it again if the app has a version upgrade). If it can't pull from apps that have already been installed, or allow me a way to choose to install an app to SD card when I first install it, it's not user-friendly. (Despite the claim to be user-friendly in its documentation. Just saying something is so does not make it so.)
    5. NO WAY is this worth $20. I wouldn't pay $1.00 for it, since for me it hasn't worked at all. I had such high hopes. And I've tried, really I have. I'm no slouch on installing software... but I just couldn't get this to work at all, and even if I did, the effort of moving the COD files over manually after locating them all online is just too much work. I would have paid even more than $20 if it worked properly, or if it even just worked on some of my memory-intensive apps (Google Maps, Viigo, and InfoSpace FindIt, for example.).

So... I hope my experience has been helpful to some of you, and I hope Aerize will get their act together and make a more user-friendly app that actually works.

Thanks for the info.......sounds like you have it a more than fair shot! The app sounds better than it is at this point......maybe in the future they will get it right.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had the same negative experience with the Aerize Card Loader. A shame, really. I was quite excited about the notion of freeing up some memory. I'm such a bloomin' packrat! Definitely time to tackle saving OTA files to the PC.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    i don't even get it. i open aerize and it says i have 10 applications. so.. now what? does that mean my apps are loaded into the card?

eugenio no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20CC3880

Question no more ota to sd card option

The Aerize card loader doesn't give me the "save to SD card" option with the 9500 Storm, why it happens with this device and not with the glorious Pearl that permits to me the OTA card saving?
    Anybody had the same issue?
    Eugenio wish You Happy Crazy Berry Holidays! :)

calyx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e17df5
    Quote Originally Posted by eugenio View Post
    The Aerize card loader doesn't give me the "save to SD card" option with the 9500 Storm, why it happens with this device and not with the glorious Pearl that permits to me the OTA card saving?
    Anybody had the same issue?
    Im using it on a Bold, and it works fine for most downloads.Sometime's a soft reset will solve the "save to SD card" missing option, it has plenty of times for myself.

calyx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e17df5

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    i don't even get it. i open aerize and it says i have 10 applications. so.. now what? does that mean my apps are loaded into the card?
    No, you have to download an OTA app, it gives you the option to save the OTA files to your microSD card, and if you remove it from your main installed apps, you can reinstall using the Card Loader.

Works pretty well if you're a packrat like me, and want to carry around 50 extra apps on your microSD card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast