I wanted to get some opinions. Which one works better on the Storm (Aerize vs ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

simonintx no está en línea Stack level 2

Aerize Alerts vs BB Alerts

Advertisement

I wanted to get some opinions. Which one works better on the Storm (Aerize vs BB Alerts or other)? What do you prefer and why? Thanks

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    i have only tried Aerize (and currently use it) and would have to say that it is a decent-good app. There are some annoying issues with it but, if you are on a call and want to read your emails/sms then it's kinda handy.
    On the flip side, it's semi-counterproductive in that it adds an extra step to get to the actual message and it doesn't remove the notifier and blinking led after reading the text/email in Aerize. Also, when you try to open the sms/email in Aerize it open the message folder and not the actual message. Lastly, the default is to notify you of emails/sms/and phone calls. To me that's way too many popups when all i want to do is read their text or call them back.
    So, they've got their work cut out for them. That's my take on Aerize.
    :)

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi

I haven't used BB Alterts on my Storm yet and have been trying Aerize out. Not sure I'm entirely sold on the idea of pop-ups yet and would agree with Vortec7's comments about Aerize. From what I remember, BB Alterts pop-ups were annoying after a while. BUT the great thing was the Scheduler: you could set it so that the BB wouldn't beep or flash it's LED during a certain interval, which was great for when you didn't want to be woken up by mail / SMS notifications during the night.

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    Been using Aerize, it's kinda cool, but I don't think it's really for me. It gets kind of annoying... maybe I'll set it up to just notify me of missed calls or something. I get like 40-50 emails a day, so it comes up for every email, which just makes it like I am going threw the emails twice, plus then again on my computer if I don't delete them.

Program does what it is supposed too tho....no issues there.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by simonintx View Post
    I wanted to get some opinions. Which one works better on the Storm (Aerize vs BB Alerts or other)? What do you prefer and why? Thanks
    bbalerts is a great program but it is totally different that aerize alerts. aerize gives you a popup when you get a message. bbalerts gives you an alert when you have missed a message.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I say check out this thread!!
    moderncowboy did a really GREAT review. hopefully this will help you decide
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f27/revie..._2008_a-98692/
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey