Hello, I am trying to find a new corporate standard to implement at my place ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Mankthetank19 no está en línea Stack level 1

Address Book Application for Device/GroupWise

Advertisement

Hello, I am trying to find a new corporate standard to implement at my place of employment for Blackberry users. Our users are on the BES Network. We want a software that is capable of working with the Blackberry device and Novell GroupWise.

Here is the circumstance:
    We want a software that acts like Card Scan - address book. We would like this address book to import into the Blackberry device or import into the GroupWise Address book. If the application can import into the GroupWise address book without creating duplicate entries, then the address book can be SYNC to the device through the BES Network, which would be preferred.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

jaltig no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401682b1
    I would be thrilled if they could just get the blackberry/groupwise address book to sync right. That is still one of those to be addressed issues

Jim

ODOESESE no está en línea Stack level 1
    We've got BES running with Groupwise/Novell network.

I made the users choose one address book, and the BES sync both ways.

Are you looking for something different?

One question we have is having two address books on the BB Device. One that syncs, and one that floats..er uh doesn't sync with Groupwise. Anyone know of a 3rd part app that is a address book?

~Scott

Mankthetank19 no está en línea Stack level 1
    We have no problem with sync'in the address book and GroupWise through the BES. Once a user creates an address book within GroupWise, we have the BES Server grab that Address Book and publish the data on the device. So, if additional address were made on the device or GroupWise Address Book, both would be updated (communicate with one another)

The problem is we have very important people that receive contacts all the time with business cards. That is why we used Card Scan, which scans the business cards. However, Card Scan does not support GroupWise. I did some playing around and was able to make the Card Scan entry book into VCards which then can be imported into GroupWise. However, if changes were made to an entry, duplicates would be located on the GroupWise address book.

I am looking for an application that can take addresses and then this application can export addresses that then can be imported by GroupWise Address book. Seems like I am asking for a perfect world since Novell is on its way out.