Is it me??? I know some of the sites that sells the apps for the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Activation CODES

Advertisement

Is it me??? I know some of the sites that sells the apps for the developer takes most of their money, and sometimes you contact the sites you bought the games from they don't want to give you another code, like handango you have to buy redownload insurance or something of that nature!!! We r caught between 2 evils damned if u do and damded if you don't!!! I have notice since upgrading to the storm a lot of apps don't work that I had on my curve but some do...I have contacted several developers in the past before now and they were always pleasant in issuing a new Activation code; however, now I have contacted several so far I asked to try another game that the bb storm can use in place of like 1 of the 10 that I bought from them for my curve they said NO!!! Now that same site has a game that I had on my curve now avail for the storm I contacted them just before the Christmas I have yet to hear from them, but I said to myself because of the Holidays I must be patient.....I contacted another in ref to an app that was recently upgraded to work on the storm, the dev supplied the code, but told me "In the future, please contact Mobihand or Handango for registration issues. That's their job" Thanks.!! Anyone else got this kind of feedback??? Cause I am ready to start spewing out names, I know we r in a recession everyone is feeling the crunch, but damn, I reached down deep to buy all these apps, even the site that refused to let me get another game in space of 1 of the 10, I went ahead and bought the freaking game anyway, now that there should speak volume, come on!!!
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 12-28-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: format edit
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i have 5 or 6 paid apps and received new codes for all of them except flipside. no response from them.

i used to use handango but have since seen the light. not being a homer here... but i would see if an app is available in the pinstack store before going anywhere else. i have had been very satisfied with the stacker store.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i have 5 or 6 paid apps and received new codes for all of them except flipside. no response from them.

i used to use handango but have since seen the light. not being a homer here... but i would see if an app is available in the pinstack store before going anywhere else. i have had been very satisfied with the stacker store.
    Ok since the site have changed I m having trouble logging in to the pinstack store and I bought several items...when I try to login I m asked for my username and order # I bougth these games awhile back how am I to remember this...before all i did was enter my user name and password and I was able to view past purchase now I cant any ideas???
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    About a month ago the SHOP link at the top stopped going directly to the software store, and started going to a hardware store instead. Since the redesign choosing STORE now tells you to go to Handango for software and says nothing about the old Mobihand Pinstack store. I don't know if it's being mothballed or what.

You may want to try logging in directly from Mobihand:

http://www.mobihand.com/myaccount.asp

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Please send a nice PM to the site admin Hayden to see if he can assist on getting this resolved.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i can somewhat understand your frustration but, you must remember developers are in business for profit. Think of it this way, if you bought a game for the xbox and it was rereleased for the xbox 360, you wouldntexpect a free copy would you? On the other hand if you bought it for the xbox, and your xbox messed up and had to be replaced you'd expect to be able to use the game on your replacement xbox.

Its the same principle. The whole line of curves is one platform, while the storm is a totally different even if similiar platform. The activation code policy should be in place for replacement devices of the same model line. Backwards compatibility should not be expected. It should be available but it should be one of those things that is ised as a competitive edge.
    Just my two cents.

Ju my

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i can somewhat understand your frustration but, you must remember developers are in business for profit. Think of it this way, if you bought a game for the xbox and it was rereleased for the xbox 360, you wouldntexpect a free copy would you? On the other hand if you bought it for the xbox, and your xbox messed up and had to be replaced you'd expect to be able to use the game on your replacement xbox.

Its the same principle. The whole line of curves is one platform, while the storm is a totally different even if similiar platform. The activation code policy should be in place for replacement devices of the same model line. Backwards compatibility should not be expected. It should be available but it should be one of those things that is ised as a competitive edge.
    Just my two cents.

Ju my
    while this does make sense,i was still able to get new codes for my apps. most of the apps i bought for the pearl are compatible with the storm but not made for the storm. a couple did have updates to make the storm compatible and they were still happy to give me new codes.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    Since the redesign choosing STORE now tells you to go to Handango for software and says nothing about the old Mobihand Pinstack store. I don't know if it's being mothballed or what.

You may want to try logging in directly from Mobihand:

http://www.mobihand.com/myaccount.asp
    ugh that stinks...not a handango fan

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    ugh that stinks...not a handango fan
    I'm not either. Mobihand took PayPal and I hate using a credit card online.

I'd PM'ed Hayden about a week ago to ask if there'd be a link to the software shop from the link on the header and hadn't heard back from him. Then with the redesign there's a link to Handango there now, which is why I'm thinking Mobihand is out of the picture. Don't know anything official about that so hopefully a mod can get confirmation or a better rumour at least.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    I'm not either. Mobihand took PayPal and I hate using a credit card online.

I'd PM'ed Hayden about a week ago to ask if there'd be a link to the software shop from the link on the header and hadn't heard back from him. Then with the redesign there's a link to Handango there now, which is why I'm thinking Mobihand is out of the picture. Don't know anything official about that so hopefully a mod can get confirmation or a better rumour at least.
    i just signed into http://www.mobihand.com/ with my same userID and password that i had in the pinstack store and all my purchase history was there...so i'm all good