Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have searched around, but have yet to find a 3rd party Task Application that ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow A BETTER TASK APPLICATION???

Advertisement

I have searched around, but have yet to find a 3rd party Task Application that can do what I'm looking for.

I want to be able to go to any name in my address book (in my case that is 2000 contacts), click on their name and then select a "To-do" to call them, and then have it end up in my Task List. Many of my tasks for the day or week are to call people that are already in my address book and this would be a great adavantage to have the programs linked in this way. Any thoughts?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: [B]A BETTER TASK APPLICATION???[/B]

That would be something really good but it would have to be integrated to the os of the BB to have the option when you click the trackwheel. Am I right ?

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Re: [B]A BETTER TASK APPLICATION???[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    That would be something really good but it would have to be integrated to the os of the BB to have the option when you click the trackwheel. Am I right ?
    I'm not sure, though several programs I have on my 8700g like bbCorrector and PocketDay are in most, if not all, my current menus so I can access them anytime. Seems like this should be able to be done.

I should add, that it would be even better if when you created a new task this program might pull up the link to that contact in your address book so you can select the correct number, and just dial. For the cases where more than one contact would be possible, you would get the short list and choose the correct person. Then, when you want to complete that task you could link to the contact instantly and dial, sms, etc.

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: A BETTER TASK APPLICATION???

REXWireless has something called toodo matrix, it's a possibility: http://www.rexwireless.com

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by Treo700
    REXWireless has something called toodo matrix, it's a possibility: http://www.rexwireless.com
    Thanks, I checked it out, but their task app does not seem to link at all with the address book other than you can setup an email from someone's name. It reminds though that there is this normal connection between the BB's email app and the address book when you are setting up an email...seems like there should be a way to make the same connection with the Task application.

gracer no está en línea Stack level 1

Todomatrix is a great todo task application - the best out there right now for the blackberry - but it does NOT have a menu interface into the blackberry contacts section.

I'm a very happy user of todomatrix and rex's other app, ideamatrix, for that matter. I have already sent this exact suggestion into rexwireless support about a month ago. They responded w/ a 'yes, its in the plan, but later this year time estimate'. Maybe you could fire the same suggestion in again and maybe a greater volume of similiar requests will move up the priority for them a bit I'd love to have the capability.

gracer no está en línea Stack level 1

Oops.. simultaneous posts.. sorry to duplicate the answer - but if you feel like helping my cause, please shoot them a note.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by gracer
    Todomatrix is a great todo task application - the best out there right now for the blackberry - but it does NOT have a menu interface into the blackberry contacts section.

I'm a very happy user of todomatrix and rex's other app, ideamatrix, for that matter. I have already sent this exact suggestion into rexwireless support about a month ago. They responded w/ a 'yes, its in the plan, but later this year time estimate'. Maybe you could fire the same suggestion in again and maybe a greater volume of similiar requests will move up the priority for them a bit I'd love to have the capability.

I will, and thanks!!

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

This sounds a little bit like a CRM-type application. Have you investigated ACT to see if it will do what you want? A friend of mine uses ACT quite a bit, and I think he does something similar to what you're asking.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: A BETTER TASK APPLICATION???

Quote Originally Posted by squished18
    This sounds a little bit like a CRM-type application. Have you investigated ACT to see if it will do what you want? A friend of mine uses ACT quite a bit, and I think he does something similar to what you're asking.
    Are you talking about the well-known database program? My interest is being able to do this on a Blackberry independently of the desktop.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

I had ACT on my Palm for awhile and it does provide the kind of linkage you're looking for. But, since it wasn't a smart phone, I don't know if there's a version that provides the dialing capability or even a BB version for that matter.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

ACT is a well-established CRM (Customer Relationship Management) program. You'll have to do a bit more research to see if there's a BlackBerry hook for ACT, but I'm pretty sure there are third-party providers that can do this. For starters, here's the web site:

http://www.act.com/

alonesoul no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4007AB30

I just which Sage would get off their a** and provide better Blackberry support. I use CompanionLink (great software) to sync between ACT 2500 and my 7520 however I would like more client software available on the BB itself ...

profbob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D32527

The todoMatrix from REXwireless has a feature called "delegate" which opens the address book, so tasks can be delineated from the matrix with a direct connection to the address book. I've been using this program for a month - absolutely the best out there for this kind of work. Download a trial copy free for 5 days and check out the delegate feature.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: A BETTER TASK APPLICATION???

Quote Originally Posted by profbob
    The todoMatrix from REXwireless has a feature called "delegate" which opens the address book, so tasks can be delineated from the matrix with a direct connection to the address book. I've been using this program for a month - absolutely the best out there for this kind of work. Download a trial copy free for 5 days and check out the delegate feature.
    It apparently does not quite do what I'm suggesting, but here is a statement from them for the future. I'm hoping the linkage is seamless between the apps (Task & Address Book) so you can eliminate the switching apps and searching procedure. Sounds like it will happen in time....

REXwireless will offer similiar functionality too. todoMatrix will offer this kind of functionality in the near future. We already had something very similiar in the queue from customer suggestions. Only time will tell as to specific design elements and limitations regarding what can be done.

Thanks for the input.

the REXguys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast