Hi all, I like having the keyboard sounds turned on - it helps typing a ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mantarran no está en línea Stack level 1

8900 keyboard and trackball sounds

Advertisement

Hi all,

I like having the keyboard sounds turned on - it helps typing a little by giving a confirmation that you have hit a key. The trackball sound does not really matter but it comes on by default when the keyboard is turned on. I was wondering if there is an app out there that can accomplish hopefully 2 things - changing the sound of the buttons and/or allowing control of the button volume?

Thanks

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Just an fyi, if you scroll a few lines below the key tone option, there's an option to mute trackball sounds...

Not sure about an app for tone volume or choice though...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Yeah.

I like the sound feedback when I type but the loud default beep is annoying - can't even lower the volume.

I think it was on a Treo I had that allowed you to change the sound of the keys.........
    and I had it set to a quiet click.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I just tried the keytone on my bold... It really is annoying... Its odd that most dumbphones like nokia and samsung etc have the option to change keytone sounds and volume and a nn doesn't...

Never though abt that before...

Any developers reading this? May be a good idea... I'm sure I'd pay the $3 minimum from the bb app store to pick that up...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Calling Developers!!!!

I agree, my Treo had a list of many optional sounds for the keyboard but, don't get me wrong, I was soo stoked when I left that job and got back on my BB.

I know this is minor to most......... but I think if you guys turned keyboard sounds on for a few days many would like the feed back. And with the small keyboard on the 8900 it is particularly nice to get feed back when you hit a key - granted the sound does not confirm I hit the right button but it still helps typing.

I would pay $3-$6 also for this app.

Any Developers listening!!!!????!!!