Results 1 to 8 of 8

Hello everyboby, During install BombSweeper game in 8707, i have unpluged from PC.... Then after ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

  1. #1
    culip's Avatar
    culip no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10

    Thumbs down 8707v Data Abor...Reset

    Advertisement



    Hello everyboby,

    During install BombSweeper game in 8707, i have unpluged from PC.... Then after many time hard reset by remove battery and wait more than 300 seconds, device can not start up. Please help me

  2. #2
    ljbyar's Avatar
    ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    7,818

    Re: 8707v Data Abor...Reset

    Culip, are you getting any error messages? Have you tried reloading your operating system using your desktop manager?

  3. #3
    culip's Avatar
    culip no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10

    Re: 8707v Data Abor...Reset

    Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Culip, are you getting any error messages? Have you tried reloading your operating system using your desktop manager?
    Dear ljbyar,

    Since that time my device con not sync with DM, do you think there are others way to Hard reset?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: 8707v Data Abor...Reset

    Hard Reset: Take the battery out, wait 30 seconds, and then put it back in.

    Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software/Device OS:
    In order to get your BB running again (which I had to do), here's how to do it:

    1) Uninstall ALL BB software (desktop and device versions). Go to Start>Control Panel and delete ANYTHING that says BlackBerry Desktop and BlackBerry Handheld. You will see a 504 Error (device icon with a slash mark thru it. This is ok).
    2) Reinstall Desktop Software.
    3) Reinstall BlackBerry OS Software.
    4) Delete vendor.xml file by searching for it on your computer. Start>Search> enter "vendor.xml" without the quotes.
    5) Connect the BB to the PC using the USB cable.
    6) Ignore any messages about your PC not finding the device.
    7) In Application Loader, choose the OS you just installed on your PC.
    8) Wait for the process to complete (about 30 minutes).
    9) Go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table. Click on the BOLD entry and click "Register Now!"
    10) Resend all service books from either your "Setup Internet Email" icon on your device or carrier's BlackBerry Internet Service website on a PC.
    11) Pull the battery out, wait 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-08-2007 at 05:05 AM.


  5. #5
    culip's Avatar
    culip no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10

    Re: 8707v Data Abor...Reset

    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Hard Reset: Take the battery out, wait 30 seconds, and then put it back in.

    Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software/Device OS:
    In order to get your BB running again (which I had to do), here's how to do it:

    1) Uninstall ALL BB software (desktop and device versions). Go to Start>Control Panel and delete ANYTHING that says BlackBerry Desktop and BlackBerry Handheld. You will see a 504 Error (device icon with a slash mark thru it. This is ok).
    2) Reinstall Desktop Software.
    3) Reinstall BlackBerry OS Software.
    4) Delete vendor.xml file by searching for it on your computer. Start>Search> enter "vendor.xml" without the quotes.
    5) Connect the BB to the PC using the USB cable.
    6) Ignore any messages about your PC not finding the device.
    7) In Application Loader, choose the OS you just installed on your PC.
    8) Wait for the process to complete (about 30 minutes).
    9) Go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table. Click on the BOLD entry and click "Register Now!"
    10) Resend all service books from either your "Setup Internet Email" icon on your device or carrier's BlackBerry Internet Service website on a PC.
    11) Pull the battery out, wait 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
    Dear EricaJ1073,

    It seems looping forever with this messages: Data Abor.... Reset.
    After press Enter device start up again and stop with above messages.
    I have followed your way, install DM and RIM OS in new PC, but it can not sync by DM to install new OS. Please help!

    Thanks all,

    Culip

  6. #6
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: 8707v Data Abor...Reset

    Which version of the Desktop Manager are you using and which OS are you using? That may be part of the problem. If both are not 4.1, then it most likely will not work.


  7. #7
    culip's Avatar
    culip no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10

    Re: 8707v Data Abor...Reset

    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Which version of the Desktop Manager are you using and which OS are you using? That may be part of the problem. If both are not 4.1, then it most likely will not work.
    Dear EricaJ1073,

    I use Desktop Manager Ver 4.2 and OS ver "8707vM_PBr4[1].1.0_rel481_PL3.1.0.17_A4.1.0.355_Vodafone_UK"

  8. #8
    ateesh's Avatar
    ateesh no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    25093B41
    Posts
    1

    Re: 8707v Data Abor...Reset

    hi
    i have same problem over here

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •