Hi all, If you were trying to download Instafind or trying to use it the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

harry_b no está en línea Stack level 3

60 coffees, 3 full nights and Instafind is up and running

Advertisement

Hi all,
    If you were trying to download Instafind or trying to use it the last few days, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Instafind is back up and you can now get it OTA from

http://bb.maufait.com

I don't mean to bore you, but if you are interested, this is what happened in the last few days....

Last few days were just very hectic and rush. Our hosting service provider made some change to the server without notice and .NET won't work on our account. When we submitted a support ticket in support ticket, we got no response for 3 hrs even though it was placed as emergency.

So, very upset, we submitted a support ticket to cancel hosting of our 2nd account, and booom we get a reply in 15 mins. On how they want us to give them another chance and they did not want us to cancel. I replied back if they can take care of my first account, i can consider not cancelling my 2nd account. A lot of back and forth tickets and replies and that took 3 hrs.

It is in a way funny because i was speaking about fixing my maufait.com (1st account) from my 2nd account because they wouldn't reply to the maufait.com ticket.

So we just decided to move to a dedicated host and not deal with that issue again. Moving all the files and configuring th enew server was one daunting task. Now we almost forgot that it will take atleast 24 to 48 hours for the site to work after DNS change.

The next day morning everything looked fine till i discovered Instafind was working on one of my BB and won't in the other. Because my ATT bb was pointing to my new server and sprint BB was pointing to old server. And some support tickets were going to my new server and some to my old. And my email account fas full of undeliverable emails because the Reverse DNS was not configured. Now i'm not an expert on networks, I was learning, googling as i was encountering issues. And i do see a need for a todo app where you can create a knowledge base that you can manage from BB and web. So expect that this weekend.....

The good news is everything is working to my knowledge. If you encounter any issues just email (that's fixed toooo). And watch for the new "to do list" app

Once again thanks for the support, patience and understanding

Harry_b
    Last edited by harry_b; 05-22-2008 at 11:12 PM.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    glad it worked out...i will look for the todo app next week thanks for instafind...

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I tried installing the app...and it doesn't do anything when I click on the icon. I'm running 4.5.0.37 on 8300 att.

Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I tried installing the app...and it doesn't do anything when I click on the icon. I'm running 4.5.0.37 on 8300 att.
    OS 4.5 is problematic. I tried many apps in the OS and they won't even open.

http://www.berryreview.com/2008/06/0...tners-website/

where can i find JDE for JDE for 4.5
    Last edited by harry_b; 06-05-2008 at 12:49 AM.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    RIM is not discontinuing the OS, they just pulled it from their Partners site and it was just the .37 versions not the other they have on their.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    How you arrived to "discontinuing" after reading that. -_-;
    It's removed from partner sites but no comment was made. It could be they are preparing the release of a new beta and because of the problems with SIM cards.

sorry posted in haste.