Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by mysmyrrh I dl the app to my Pearl, and it installed just ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

leemcarthur no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 4INFO Mobile v2.02 now available for BB

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    I dl the app to my Pearl, and it installed just fine. However, when I open the app, I am unable to scroll across the icons at the top of the page. If I press the trackball on the 4info logo, it drops me down to the search field. I also just got off the phone with T-Mobile, and they state they do not block ports 80 nor 8080 for customers with a data plan. These ports are blocked only if the user does not have an internet plan. It is possible to access Tzones without a dataplan, but all you are able to view are the wallpaper, ringtones, and the My Album function. This is where the blocking of these ports comes into play. Ports 80 and 8080 are the ports which you receive internet data from. So no plan, no ports. I would like to know where Lee of 4info got that info from. I have seen many erroneous posts concerning T-Mobile, and what they are/aren't doing. Chalk that up as another piece of incorrect information.
    Thanks for the feedback about the pearl. I suspected that the navigation we have selected would cause an issue here. We will be releasing a version in the next month or so that will support the pearl.

Also, re: TMO - Our application used to work for u users with the standard blackberry unlimited data/email plan... when all of our BB TMO users started calling in at once saying our application stopped receiving access to the network.

Two users wrote in describing their conversations with TMO customer support t reps, and, as a result, t we have passed on that information ever since.

We would love to be able to ensure the application works on tMO without the need for our users to call in and make special requests.

Can you help clarify this issue? Calls to TMO CSR's hasn't cleared this up for us, or through posts in their developer network.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I was able to download and install this OTA. However I got "You have entered into an area with a poor connection. This application depends on a network connection" when I launched the app. I have a signal level of 4 bars on my device screen. I am using a T-Mobile BlackBerry Pearl 8100 and I have their Unlimited BlackBerry BIS package.

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

Quote Originally Posted by junoreactor
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I just installed the program on my 8700c from Cingular and got the no connection error. Anyone else having the same issue?
    Ditto

tvalentine no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203C5B1A

Greatapp, downloaded and running on my 02 8700g on tmobiles network

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

crupp no está en línea Stack level 2

I went to download the app, message not tested on an 8703e. Should I continue to download?
    Having the latest electronics, not priceless

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    This is a response for Lee of 4info. I am a tmo subscriber, with an unlimited bb data plan, using a Pearl. I called TMO last night after reading your post. At no time have my ports ever been blocked by Tmo, and if access is blocked, it's because I have set my firewall to do so. I don't dispute that your users at one time might have had a problem with ports being blocked. System wide glitches do occur. However, if TMO consistently blocked these ports, no one would have internet access, and the CSR's would all commit hari-kari! Lol! I think that this was probably a onetime occurance, as it is certainly not true overall. Posts such as yours cause problems because the info just isn't true anymore, or was unique to a particular group of subscribers. It would be more of a public service to check this information periodically, instead of just posting it as SOP. People post threads all the time saying "Attention xxx users!" without bothering to stop and think that the info they pass along isn't true for the majority of subscribers. Tower malfunctions, computer glitches, any number of events can contribute to a temporary loss of certain services. Verify verify verify. That's all we ask.

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    This is a response for Lee of 4info. I am a tmo subscriber, with an unlimited bb data plan, using a Pearl. I called TMO last night after reading your post. At no time have my ports ever been blocked by Tmo, and if access is blocked, it's because I have set my firewall to do so. I don't dispute that your users at one time might have had a problem with ports being blocked. System wide glitches do occur. However, if TMO consistently blocked these ports, no one would have internet access, and the CSR's would all commit hari-kari! Lol! I think that this was probably a onetime occurance, as it is certainly not true overall. Posts such as yours cause problems because the info just isn't true anymore, or was unique to a particular group of subscribers. It would be more of a public service to check this information periodically, instead of just posting it as SOP. People post threads all the time saying "Attention xxx users!" without bothering to stop and think that the info they pass along isn't true for the majority of subscribers. Tower malfunctions, computer glitches, any number of events can contribute to a temporary loss of certain services. Verify verify verify. That's all we ask.

After speaking with the CSR again this morning, it seems that some 3rd party applications, not all, require that the TCP settings are filled in and correct. I am not sure why some would require this and others not. On three TMO handsets here, all three fail web connectivity for instant message applications, a financial application, and our 4INFO application: HOWEVER, all three provide web access to the google maps BB application.

I will continue to try and get these working, so I can provide an answer to all those who have difficulty connecting our application, and other 3rd party applications.

Thanks for your help,

Lee

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

Works quite nicely on the 7105t.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

FireBreath no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ seems pretty useless for canadian users. Interface is nice, but can't get weather or movie reports for canadian cities :/ would use this if i could

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

any word on the "no connection" message for us Cingular customers?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by leemcarthur
    P.S. Those of you who are on the T-Mobile network, T-Mobile recently started blocking ports 80 and 8080 on the standard blackberry data plan. We are working on a fix for this, however in the meantime, if you call tmobile tech support and request that these ports be opened again on your account, you will be able to access the web with our application.
    Heh...This is great to know...seriously..I was wondering why all of a sudden some of my radiobee stations weren't working! Thank you!!!

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37

So what exactly is this app?
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Installed an working on my 7130c on TMO network. Appears work much better than the first version.

kyububba no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by leemcarthur
    After speaking with the CSR again this morning, it seems that some 3rd party applications, not all, require that the TCP settings are filled in and correct. I am not sure why some would require this and others not. On three TMO handsets here, all three fail web connectivity for instant message applications, a financial application, and our 4INFO application: HOWEVER, all three provide web access to the google maps BB application.

I will continue to try and get these working, so I can provide an answer to all those who have difficulty connecting our application, and other 3rd party applications.

Thanks for your help,

Lee
    there are 3 ways for a 3rd BB app to make a TCP connection.

1. BES. If you're on BES and your server is set up to allow connections for 3rd party apps, you don't need to do anything and it should just work.

2. BIS. I believe this requires some agreement with RIM/Carrier. Google apps use BIS, which is why GoogleMaps or GMail can work even when other 3rd party apps get tunnel failures. Other apps like Idokorro apps and IM+ also can use BIS.

3. Direct TCP through the carrier gateway. If you're not on BES, this is the only way for the majority of 3rd party apps. For this, if you're on a CDMA phone Sprint or Verizon, it's usually pre-configured, so you don't need to do anything. If you're using a GSM phone like TMobile/Cingular/Rogers, you'll need to have to correct TCP settings for your carrier. Most 3rd party apps, and all standard java apps require this to be configured correctly.

As for blocking port 80 or 8080, as someone posted earlier, that doesn't even make any sense. You wouldn't be able to hit anything on the web if that's the case. 99% of web traffic goes on port 80... Sort of defeats the purpose of having a data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by kyububba
    there are 3 ways for a 3rd BB app to make a TCP connection.

1. BES. If you're on BES and your server is set up to allow connections for 3rd party apps, you don't need to do anything and it should just work.

2. BIS. I believe this requires some agreement with RIM/Carrier. Google apps use BIS, which is why GoogleMaps or GMail can work even when other 3rd party apps get tunnel failures. Other apps like Idokorro apps and IM+ also can use BIS.

3. Direct TCP through the carrier gateway. If you're not on BES, this is the only way for the majority of 3rd party apps. For this, if you're on a CDMA phone Sprint or Verizon, it's usually pre-configured, so you don't need to do anything. If you're using a GSM phone like TMobile/Cingular/Rogers, you'll need to have to correct TCP settings for your carrier. Most 3rd party apps, and all standard java apps require this to be configured correctly.

As for blocking port 80 or 8080, as someone posted earlier, that doesn't even make any sense. You wouldn't be able to hit anything on the web if that's the case. 99% of web traffic goes on port 80... Sort of defeats the purpose of having a data plan.

A big thanks to everyone for clearing all this up over the past week. We have sent emails to all of our registered BB users with TMO - and there are a lot of happy people.

Lee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast