Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi all. Me again. After 2 releases, we have finally sorted out the connection bug ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

leemcarthur no está en línea Stack level 2

4INFO Mobile v2.02 now available for BB

Advertisement

Hi all. Me again.

After 2 releases, we have finally sorted out the connection bug on the blackberry. We have released version 2.02 just last week, and it is our most stable version yet. I am using a 7290 and an 8700 here in my office with only 1-2 bars of strength, and the error message is gone.

For those of you willing to give us another try, please let me know how it works for you now. For those of you who have never tried our free application, please give it a go. Everyone at blackberry forums always provides great feedback .

Download URL (OTA): http://m.4info.net/client

Many thanks

P.S. Those of you who are on the T-Mobile network, T-Mobile recently started blocking ports 80 and 8080 on the standard blackberry data plan. We are working on a fix for this, however in the meantime, if you call tmobile tech support and request that these ports be opened again on your account, you will be able to access the web with our application.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: 4INFO Mobile v2.02 now available for BB

Thanks again Lee!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Quote Originally Posted by leemcarthur
    Hi all. Me again.

After 2 releases, we have finally sorted out the connection bug on the blackberry. We have released version 2.02 just last week, and it is our most stable version yet. I am using a 7290 and an 8700 here in my office with only 1-2 bars of strength, and the error message is gone.

For those of you willing to give us another try, please let me know how it works for you now. For those of you who have never tried our free application, please give it a go. Everyone at blackberry forums always provides great feedback .

Download URL (OTA): http://m.4info.net/client

Many thanks

P.S. Those of you who are on the T-Mobile network, T-Mobile recently started blocking ports 80 and 8080 on the standard blackberry data plan. We are working on a fix for this, however in the meantime, if you call tmobile tech support and request that these ports be opened again on your account, you will be able to access the web with our application.
    is this for the bb/pearl 8100?

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Is this available for the pearl?

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

A side question, I noticed that it was mentioned that tmobile was blocking ports 80 and 8080, does that mean I woudlnt be able to tether my bb to my laptop to surf the web beacuse the aforementioned ports are blocked?
    I know u can call them and request that they are re-opened, but I just want to know if blockage will case me not to surf the web

bbcat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2835A200

I installed the prog. on my 7290 but when I tried running it it said area I was in had too weak a signal. Tried couple more re-installations and finally I gave up and had the prog. removed. I am on Rogers network if that's useful info.
    "Do the Right Thing, Make your Mother Proud"

Quote Originally Posted by bbcat
    I installed the prog. on my 7290 but when I tried running it it said area I was in had too weak a signal. Tried couple more re-installations and finally I gave up and had the prog. removed. I am on Rogers network if that's useful info.
    Hi bbcat

Yes that is helpful, thanks. We do not currently support canadian carriers. It doesn't really present itself as a great app. for canucks anyway, all of the content is US-centric...for the moment.

P.S. I am a canadian... and working hard to get this ready for north of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by joeperrin212
    Is this available for the pearl?
    Hi Joe

We have yet to test the app. on the pearl. i t will download and install properly. Could you give it a try and let me know?

Also, what do you think of the pearl so far?

thanks,

4INFO Lee

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

Im about to download in about ten min thanks.
    Ladies and Gentleman we are floating in space....
    "God didn't do that, you did that you fat @#$%"

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3
    What exactly is this update?

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i love it thanks

junoreactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2486B0D9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I just installed the program on my 8700c from Cingular and got the no connection error. Anyone else having the same issue?

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    I dl the app to my Pearl, and it installed just fine. However, when I open the app, I am unable to scroll across the icons at the top of the page. If I press the trackball on the 4info logo, it drops me down to the search field. I also just got off the phone with T-Mobile, and they state they do not block ports 80 nor 8080 for customers with a data plan. These ports are blocked only if the user does not have an internet plan. It is possible to access Tzones without a dataplan, but all you are able to view are the wallpaper, ringtones, and the My Album function. This is where the blocking of these ports comes into play. Ports 80 and 8080 are the ports which you receive internet data from. So no plan, no ports. I would like to know where Lee of 4info got that info from. I have seen many erroneous posts concerning T-Mobile, and what they are/aren't doing. Chalk that up as another piece of incorrect information.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast