Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Free isn't always better. I've seen a few pay apps that work great, yet their ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 3rd party internet voicemail services...what have you use?

Advertisement

Free isn't always better. I've seen a few pay apps that work great, yet their free counterparts are left lacking. it's great to get free stuff, i have plenty of free apps and themes and ringtones on my phone, but sometimes paying for an app is deffinitely worth it.

i've read on PS that grandcentral isn't accepting new #'s right now, and i don't know that i'd want to give out a new # anyways. i've had my current # for 8 yrs.

in the rumors and news forum i've read about simulsays (visual voicemail) there are a ton of bugs right nowand i'm not sure what you have to pay for, but this app looks the most promising.

never heard of the other 3.

anyways, this is just mo .02

i'm eager to hear more reviews so i can make an informed decision on which one i may want.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So my question is, which is the best one? Lol. I haven't used any of these only my carriers voice mail service.
    I use SimulSays. And Cincy Bell has SpinVOX, $4.99 a month fot 1st 25 text
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I just got a GC account, just wondering what the main purpose is? I mean is it so u don't have to give out ur real number or what? I have read about the features but don't really get the drift, sorry.
    What r the advantages? tia
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

obijohn no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by anfrey
    just curious.. how secure is this transcription service? is this done via speech recognition software or by a human being? if it's the latter, i'm not quite sure i'd like that
    I've been using CallWave for a few weeks, and I can tell you with near-100% certainty that the transcription is automated. If the person leaving the message has no noise in their surroundings, and they speak slowly and clearly, it will do a pretty good job -- when they say a phone number it will actually be transcribed as digits, so you can click on it in the message to call the number.

But it is really hilarious sometimes what it will transcribe when my wife is leaving a message with the car A/C full blast driving on the highway. It can make absolutely no sense, and there is no way a human would consider it a sentence. Here is a recent message from my wife in the car, copied directly as transcribed:
    wouldn't thought about 70 website everything's so so far the. Lumber train to starbucks and I'm completely place alright.
    Anyway, transcription problems aside, I really love the service, and you can't beat the price. The only downside for me is that the email attachements can't be played on my BB device. But there's a neat Google gadget where you can play them directly from your iGoogle home page.

irockjs no está en línea Stack level 1

question will the simulsays thiing work if you dont have one of the phones it says its compatible with???

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Grand Central has an app that runs on the BB??!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

I have been on Youmail the last 5 months and so far have no gripes! I love the ditch caller feature and that I can fake the caller into thinkin my number is changed and no longer in service! Plus the emails with a file to listen to a message is great!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Sjjones no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    I have been on Youmail the last 5 months and so far have no gripes! I love the ditch caller feature and that I can fake the caller into thinkin my number is changed and no longer in service! Plus the emails with a file to listen to a message is great!
    If i am understanding the service it forwards you voice to a service who converts to 'youmail' , with sprint they charge for call forwarding so using this service would be expensive?? (if you are a sprint customer)

justin.hylton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AA7C9

Re: 3rd party internet voicemail services...what have you used?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes sjjones, the service forwards the caller to a different number if you don't pick up. TMO customers get 500 call forwarding minutes a month free, but this could get expensive if you don't get any call forwarding minutes.

oma-RR no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    askplz

can someone that has the grand central app send me an invite? (omar.180sx@gmail.com)

irodjr no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i also need n invite to grandcentral,plz(irodjr@gmail.com)

DouglasBaumwall no está en línea Stack level 1

I have been using various unified messaging services for the last six years, starting with Call Sciences [now branded as OneBox] and most recently GrandCentral [purchased by Google]. There are many features and benefits. One big advantage is being able to give out just one number which can ring all your other numbers [consecutively or simultaneously] on any schedule you desire. This is very convenient and may reduce the amount of airtime you use on your cellular phone. If you don't want to change your number you may simply forward it to GrandCentral or another provider which in turn can forward calls to any other [except the one forwarded to the provider] Since GrandCentral is branded it is not suitable for my business, so I use OneBox for business. GrandCentral includes a very slick and user friendly GUI which allows forwarding to up to six numbers. It also includes a fantastic addressbook with a free click to dial feature. So for the time being you may actually get a free account and make free long distance calls using click to dial! The unified quality of this fantastic communication tool allows you to log onto a website and see all your calls and listen to associated voice messages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12