Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm all for free software when its released that way, but if its released and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Truffle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    310de710

Re: Why 3rd party BB software costs $20.00 per unit

Advertisement

I'm all for free software when its released that way, but if its released and there is a charge I totally agree with supporting the developers kinda like buying music and movies instead of raping the internet for them

I agree that its totally a supply and demand issue, someone that developers in an area that there are very few developers in needs can charge what they want and people will pay for it especially if its primarily a business device, most company's don't look at the cost of a useful tool as a bad thing and will buy it if there is a need, so the less choice there is the more a developer can charge

most people don't understand how long it takes for a developer to program an application and get it working properly especially on a proprietary device such as the blackberry, if someone is doing it as a full time gig they still need to pay bills and they are not getting paid while they are in development so yet another reason for a higher cost until it has sold and is selling well and then most of the time companies will lower the cost after they had made their initial investment back as well as getting a stable income from their creation enough for them to start another project and let the cycle start all over yet again...

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

Re: Why 3rd party BB software costs $20.00 per unit

if you put hours and hours of hard time and labor into writing code for a program would you want to give it for free??? or make some money. I surely appriciate free programs but for the code writers and producers of the programs is it worth it in the long run???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12