1. i downloaded the Fox News app and i really dont need it since i ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

2 questions that need 2 answers

Advertisement

1. i downloaded the Fox News app and i really dont need it since i have Viigo. i cant go into options to delete it and i cant go thru DM to delete it...any one know how i could get rid of this app???

2. i have my little brother whom i dont trust. he lives with me and i go to work b4 he gets up to go to skool....i have google maps installed in his BB but i noticed that he can change the location of his position at the click of a button. in order to make sure that he goes to skool i need a GPS app that doesnt allow him to change it (cuz he did) ...any app out there that doesnt allow location change on a tracker????

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    1. i downloaded the Fox News app and i really dont need it since i have Viigo. i cant go into options to delete it and i cant go thru DM to delete it...any one know how i could get rid of this app???
    those are the two easiest ways i know to delete an app, but if you feel confortable you can use crackutil or crackmen to do that

2. i have my little brother whom i dont trust. he lives with me and i go to work b4 he gets up to go to skool....i have google maps installed in his BB but i noticed that he can change the location of his position at the click of a button. in order to make sure that he goes to skool i need a GPS app that doesnt allow him to change it (cuz he did) ...any app out there that doesnt allow location change on a tracker????
    let the kid have some fun!!!!!
    ok seriously now, as far as i know all the social apps based on gps allow you to change your location, but i might be wrong, be sure if there is and app like that a fellow stacker will give you the good news
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

PIN/ID
    ask
    those are the two easiest ways i know to delete an app, but if you feel confortable you can use crackutil or crackmen to do that

what are crackutil and crackmen (lol...crack men..lol)?

let the kid have some fun!!!!!
    ok seriously now, as far as i know all the social apps based on gps allow you to change your location, but i might be wrong, be sure if there is and app like that a fellow stacker will give you the good news

im all for letting him have fun...but i dont live in the kind of neighborhood that kids can have fun. and since im his legal guardian, i dont want anything happening to him. whos to say sumthing does happen to him, god forbid, and he has his location set to one of his choice and not his real one...where would i find him???

its stuff like that that i worry about. if i could find one that just lets me see him where he's at n thats it, without manually selecting any other location, i would be a little less tense a work.

hopefully sumone could help. but thanx for the info ealvnv....i still wanna know about the crack men..lol....(just sounds funny to me)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Certain carriers have kid safe type programs that track via the actual gps in certain devices. You might call your carrier and investigate. As for the fox news alerts push I am not sure how to delete it but want to also so I will look into it tonight.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i don't think crackmem will delete 3rd party apps. is the fox this an actual app or just an icon pushed out by your carrier? if it's the latter just hide it.icons are very small.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ok got it. Go to blackbeery.com on your browser. Go in to news and find foxnews. Click get web signals and the scroll to unsubscribe. Page will open put a check in box that says download foxnews and hit unsubscribe....voila!!

PIN/ID
    ask
    Thank you cowboy!!!!!!!
    As for the gps...I'll chexk into that..but I'm open to any other suggestions

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post

Check out a program called gps tracker. From reading about it you can track a device online. I'm not sure if that's from your bb or computer. Its available on bb app world. Fyi it is free

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    okay im no longer on wap.
    After a little searching this is something you're looking for. for free! their website is www.instamapper.com also i am able to view the "tracked device" via my 8900 via bb browser. javascript does need to be enabled. Hope this helps

frefray no está en línea Stack level 1

unlocked bb

i have a att bb that was unlocked, now that i tring to get it too work on boost mobile can any one help

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    The Fox News icon is what is called a BlackBerry Web Signals icon. You can't delete it using any application like Desktop Manager or crackmem or anythin as it is pushed backed to your device as soon as your PIN is active on the net again.

List of what web signals are subscribed on your device go here:
    http://push.na.mobile.blackberry.com/mss/PM_subList
    From there you can unsubscribe from them, which is the ONLY real way to get them gone.