Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i figured i put this here since this area gets more views than any other. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

2 apps i need help on

Advertisement

i figured i put this here since this area gets more views than any other. my problem is this, i just downloaded 2 OTA apps from the Jerry D thread, XBerry Live and MaxMem.

XBerry Live is to check up on the people you have as freiend on your xbox live account. the problem with the app is, it doesnt recognize my gamertag. i keep getting this message everytime i try to put my gamertag in the "add" field: PLEASE VARIFY GAMERTAG AND TRY AGAIN
    and it doesnt matter how many times i do it, or whoelses gamertag i try to put on there...i still get the same message.

fellow stackers....ANY IDEAS TO RESOLVE????

MaxMem is an app that allows you to remove unnecessary programs that are pre-installed on your BB. the problem im having with this is app is that i dont really trust it. when i want to remove a certain program i get HAVE YOU MADE BACKUP FIST? i am unable to make a backup since my port to put my USB cord is completely damaged. so i cant backup at all. now the cause of concern is this...if i click yes [have done backup] i get ARE YOU WILLING TO DISCLAIM THE CODER OF ANY DATA LOSS? i just dont trust anything that has that kind of warning. i was wondering if anyone has used this app and if it worked for them without a glitch?

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT!

THANKS

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Maxmem I can answer (sorry, ps3 guy).
    If you haven't sone back up you'll just be in trouble if something goes wrong. Now I haven't had any issues other than themes (since your usb is screwed I'd leave it alone).
    The others work well, however back to the usb issue. If you are SURE you can and want to delete something go ahead. But remember you've got an added risk.

I've used it to delete ptt, tmo 5, and media without issue. I'd say FROM MY EXPIERIENCE those are safe. I'd say the app itself is fairly safe, its the users choices that can cause issues.
    I'd also recommend getting that usb port fixed. You need to be able to back up.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    MaxMem is an app that allows you to remove unnecessary programs that are pre-installed on your BB. the problem im having with this is app is that i dont really trust it. when i want to remove a certain program i get HAVE YOU MADE BACKUP FIST? i am unable to make a backup since my port to put my USB cord is completely damaged. so i cant backup at all. now the cause of concern is this...if i click yes [have done backup] i get ARE YOU WILLING TO DISCLAIM THE CODER OF ANY DATA LOSS? i just dont trust anything that has that kind of warning. i was wondering if anyone has used this app and if it worked for them without a glitch?

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT!

THANKS
    it works without a hitch,just be careful what you delete. the warnings are just to keep the author out of trouble if someone deletes the wrong things. do be careful. only delete what you know you don't need...like media.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    ask
    I just wanted to get rid off ptt....so that's safe?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yeah, shouldn't cause any issues. Never had when I did it on the 8310.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just remember when you delete certain things it will cause others not to work. If you delete the wrong themes others of the same type will not work. Also if you delete PTT then you won't have access to the about screen.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    XberryLive you have to donate to use. The creator of the programs runs the information off his own hardware. He says he cant keep up with the demand from people using it so he only allows people who donate to use it for now
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Just remember when you delete certain things it will cause others not to work. If you delete the wrong themes others of the same type will not work. Also if you delete PTT then you won't have access to the about screen.
    Wow thats some information I didnt know lol you learn something new everyday

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

PIN/ID
    ask
    About screen?? Where n wut is the about screen?

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Go to options/about it tells you about all the info for your device

Truth + Clarity = Power

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    Wow thats some information I didnt know lol you learn something new everyday
    That's the cool thing about the stacks. As much as I have already learned I still learn more everyday.

PIN/ID
    ask
    wow! Gotta love the stacks! Quick n great info!

Thanx stackers!

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    used maxmem to delete media, VAD, ptt, t-mo. i left the rigntones out though. no problem at all.

PIN/ID
    ask
    One more thing, do I still need maxmem once I've deleted ptt n vad? Cuz now that I deleted wut I want, seems kinda useless? Or will I need to keep it?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    No need to keep it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast