DevCon Goes to Asia!!
A Press Release we just received from RIM (dated tomorrow!) identifies the next location and the dates for DevCon. The last DevCon, in San Francisco, gave us the official announcement of the upcoming BlackBerry PlayBook, the first video of a 9700 Bold running OS 6, and a lot of other cool surprises.
The next dance will be held in Bali, Indonesia on January 13 and 14, 2011. I'm hoping to see a lot of news regarding QNX - (QNX is the OS that will replace the generic, overworked BlackBerry OS).
Here is the entire Press Statement:
• First BlackBerry® DevCon in Asia
• Conference to take place in Bali, Indonesia
• Register to attend at http://www.blackberrydevcon.com/asia
Singapore - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced its first developer conference in Asia. BlackBerry® DevCon Asia is scheduled to take place at the Bali International Convention Centre in Bali, Indonesia on 13th-14th January 2011. Attendees will have the opportunity to join over 40 keynote, breakout and hands-on sessions that will showcase how developers can best use a range of tools and services to create innovative and commercially successful apps on the BlackBerry® platform.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
• Gregory Wade - Managing Director, Southeast Asia
• Tyler Lessard - Vice President, Global Alliances and Developer Relations
• Mike Kirkup - Director, Developer Relations
• Chris Smith - Senior Director, BlackBerry Developer Platform
Attendees will hear from a host of RIM technical experts as well as a variety of developers who are already successfully creating apps for BlackBerry® smartphones.
Gregory Wade, Managing Director of RIM, Southeast Asia commented: “There’s never been a better time for developers to create apps for the BlackBerry platform - not only is the user base thriving, but developers are being provided with a platform and tools that can foster truly powerful apps that customers will love. With the upcoming launch of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, DevCon Asia serves as a great opportunity for developers to learn more about how they can grow their businesses by building apps for the BlackBerry platform.”
Attendees at BlackBerry DevCon Asia will:
• Gain insight into developing apps for the new BlackBerry® PlayBook™ and learn about using the BlackBerry® Tablet OS SDK for Adobe® AIR® as well as Adobe® Flash® Builder
• See how new web-based tools such as BlackBerry® WebWorks™ can make it extremely easy to get started creating rich, value-added apps across the BlackBerry smartphone and tablet lines
• Find out about new commercial services such as the BlackBerry® Payment Service
• Get real world tips on how to market apps and best utilize BlackBerry App World™
• Get practical and technical information on the BlackBerry WebWorks platform, Java® development tools and BlackBerry PlayBook apps in person from RIM development experts
Tyler Lessard, Vice President of Global Alliances and Developer Relations added: “The range and momentum of BlackBerry developer initiatives has certainly grown around the world since our first developer conference in Silicon Valley two years ago. We are very pleased to be hosting the first pan-Asian BlackBerry DevCon and continuing to increase the amount of local information, tools and resources available for our developers in Asia.”
For more information and to register your attendance for BlackBerry DevCon Asia, please visit: www.blackberrydevcon.com/asia.