• Live coverage from Apple's 2012 Worldwide Developers Conference

The main focus of this year's event is expected to be iOS 6, which Apple revealed last week will be unveiled at this year's conference in San Francisco. The next major update to Apple's mobile operating system will be available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

One of the biggest features of iOS 6 is expected to be a new Maps application built in to the software. The updated mapping solution is believed to replace data from Google with Apple's own software and data developed in-house.

Apple is also expected to provide updates to iCloud, its cloud-based service that launched late last year. Recent leaks have suggested that Apple plans to add Notes and Reminders as well as banner notifications to its iCloud website.

On the hardware front, Apple is also prepared to introduce a number of new Macs powered by Intel's latest Ivy Bridge processors. AppleInsider last week revealed a leaked list of part numbers that suggest the company will revamp nearly its entire Mac lineup.

Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has claimed that Apple will introduce a new MacBook series that it intends to replace the MacBook Pro brand by 2013. The new MacBook is expected to be thinner and lighter than the MacBook Pro, but will offer the same performance, without a built-in optical drive.

Recent rumors have also suggested that Apple will update its all-in-one iMac desktop, along with the high-end Mac Pro, with newer and faster hardware in the near future, likely at this week's WWDC.

This year's conference is also noteworthy because it is the first to be held since the death of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs late last year. At the 2011 WWDC keynote, Jobshelped to introduce iOS 5, OS X 10.7 Lion, and iCloud.

AppleInsider will be providing live coverage of Apple's keynote presentation from the 2012 Worldwide Developers Conference Monday, starting at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern.

Up-to-the-second coverage will be available when the event begins at this link at live.appleinsider.com. There is no need to reload the page, as ScribbleLive will automatically update throughout the event.

Comments 49 Comments
      I cant freaking wait!! I want iOS 6 now.....I'm glad im on vacation this week....If they end up releasing a dev copy today I just may have to upgrade....depending on how all the apps work with 6...I remember jumping on 5 early and having all kinds of app issues lol...can't be having that on vacation...
      Siri opened the conference with some jokes.

"I'm excited about the new Samsung... Not the phone, the refrigerator."

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
      Siri opened the conference with some jokes.

"I'm excited about the new Samsung... Not the phone, the refrigerator."

Hahaha! Classic!
      Wow, new MacBook Pro series coming out looks awesome.
      To see this new MacBook Pro and think they'd simply elongate the iPhone certainly doesn't make sense.
      I agree and just in time...I will be buying another laptop this fall....and yes it will be a new macbook pro.... wow
      Current Pros and Airs are updated, but they're coming out with a completely new Pro. I think they've done away with the 17" model.
      2199$ starting price....maybe I wont buy one! holy crap
      Shipping all the new stuff starting today.
      I've just watched France vs England on TV and I've followed this Apple thingymebob on PC. Don't know which is the dullest of the two...
      Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
      2199$ starting price....maybe I wont buy one! holy crap
      I was gonna say.....better start saving your pennies. lol
      ... Maybe I'll buy the Samsung fridge.
      To many pennies for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
      I was gonna say.....better start saving your pennies. lol
      Welp, is iOS6 next?
      Yep.

200 new enhancements (same as iOS5, by the way), with improvements to Siri.
      Cool. Siri knows sports now.
      Siri can launch apps now.
      Facebook integration. Meh.
      Gimme a next-gen iPhone announcement!
      Call control looks pretty cool.

Facetime over cellular now.
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in