• Sprint officially reminds us the Epic 4G Touch is getting Ice Cream Sandwich

This one 's for Jay. And all Sprint (ers).

That the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch is getting Ice Cream Sandwich shouldn't be a surprise -- we've already seen several leaked builds make their way out. But if case you need something more official in the way of an announcement, Sprint's just given it in its community forums.
    Sprint will begin to roll out Google's latest version of Android™, Ice Cream Sandwich, to our customers in 2012. Ice Cream Sandwich will be available via an over-the-air update to a variety of devices including Galaxy™ S II, Epic™ 4G Touch and Nexus S™ and other key products in our line-up. Stay tuned for more details and exact timing.
    The Nexus S 4G (never mind that Sprint calls it a mere "Nexus S" here), of course, is already getting its ICS update. So there's not a whole lot of meat here. But some word is better than none.

Via: Androidcentral
    Comments 2 Comments
      Yeah, think there have been 20ish leaks since February. Up to FD19 now I believe.

F=year D=Month, 19 is the day.

Few bugs, biggest issue most are annoyed by is the notification bug. Lose sound notifications if you get or make a call and hit back or home right away. Wont occur if you allow the device to just back out of call screen on its own. Some, like me, have noticed better speeds/signal with the latest modem.

Worst issue is there have been a lot of bricks due (guessing, no one has nailed it down as far as I know) some changes between gb and ics kernels and the data partition. Bet bet for installing ICS leak is to Odin or flash the EL29/26 custom kernels and go from there. Wouldn't recommend using touch recovery from ROM manager to do it. Not saying it IS the culprit, but was involved it a lot of the bricks.
      Thanks for the update Jay. Sprinters, be warned...wait.
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in