• Rumor: Google’s Nexus tablet is in the works, and it will be manufactured by ASUS

We have been hearing about a possible Nexus Tablet for quite some time, but the rumors have been getting much more promising lately.

http://phandroid.s3.amazonaws.com/wp...Nexusphone.jpg
    The last bit came last January, when supply sources attested to the fact that Google was in the plans of releasing a 7-inch, Android 4.0 “Nexus” tablet for $200.Today, Android and Me is reporting the same rumor, coming from its own sources. But this time, there is a bit more to be noted. According to said sources, the tablet will be manufactured by ASUS, and will also sport a Tegra 3 quad-core processor.
    ASUS has been building a great relationship with Google, so this would not surprise us very much. Last year, the company proved to be a great asset to the Android ecosystem, with timely updates and great products. Not to mention the fact that ASUS was the first large manufacturer to bring Android 4.0 to its devices.
    If these rumors happen to be true, there is no doubt that Android tablets will start to skyrocket. Amazon’s Kindle fire is now one of the most popular Android tablets, and it isn’t even close to having the performance and functionality that this tablet would have. And going for $200, as well, there is not a doubt that this device will become popular.
    As for the price, it sure sounds crazy. High-end tablets are not supposed to be so affordable, right? But we have already seen ASUS announce the $250 MeMo 370T, with a quad-core processor. It would not surprise us to see ASUS taking a bit of a risk, knowing that the Nexus brand and Google would promote much more sales.
    Let’s start saving our pennies for these awesome affordable, quad-core tablets! I am surely signing up for one.
    Are you?
    I am.

Edgar Cervantes/Phandroid
    Source: Android & Me

Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in