• Best Buy Document: iPhone 5 Preorders Start This Week!

Preorders for the Sprint version of the CDMA iPhone 5 will start this coming week at Best Buy, with an expected launch in the first week of October! The attached slide, which was provided by a source named "Tee" to the fine folks over at BGR, also indicates that release/preorder dates are subject to change, and nails a date that is much later than the September 5th (today!) rollout that was first rumored.

The iPhone 5 is expected to be the next gamechanger from Apple, who is starting to feel heat from the newest RIM introductions (on the device side) and the flood of Samsung Galaxy S II devices (from the OS side). An October Week 1 Launch seems like great timing.

This will be a big shot in the arm for #4 Sprint, as they seem to be fading behind the big three newsmakers.

BGR via GSMArena

markstone@pinstack.com
    Comments 8 Comments
      Let the games begin. Leaked photos, prototypes left in bars, leaked sales orders, rumors, and innuendos. The Apple machine is working.
      Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
      Let the games begin. Leaked photos, prototypes left in bars, leaked sales orders, rumors, and innuendos. The Apple machine is working.
      Yes! The "Leaks" are one of the most effective marketing campaigns there is! Every company does it, every company denies they do it!
      I think they lose one at a bar each time just to get everybody thinking about them. Because if you had a pre-released iphone 5 would you lose it?
      Apple, Apple, Apple...repeat it often enough and theres nothing else on your mind. Marketing ruins your marbles.
      I'm thirsty. I need a soft-drink. I wonder what comes into mind...7Up ?Nope.
      Things go better with..........Coca Cola, things go better with Coke!
      ^^^^ actually no ! In your case it's more like apple juice.
      Haha, write me a jingle Del.
      Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
      No one does it better then Apple.. Great Marketing Team in that organization.. But really?? Another Bar/:
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in