• Smartphone Buyers Prefer iOS Over Android, BlackBerry Is Toast

A new survey from ChangeWave Research shows Apple's iOS is the most-wanted mobile operating system.
    The results show 46% of people planning on buying a smartphone in the next 90 days want iOS, while 32% would prefer Android.
    Then there's RIM.
    A pitiful 4% said they want their next phone to have BlackBerry's OS. The survey did not include Windows Phone 7.
    Check out the chart to see how the demand has changed over time:

http://static6.businessinsider.com/i...imm-survey.gif

The survey also measured user satisfaction with smartphones. ChangeWave found that 70% of iOS users were satisfied. Compare that to a 50% satisfaction rate with Android.

http://static5.businessinsider.com/i...ion-survey.gif

I contradict all the above findings. Categorically. I have both and I favor them...50% each !

And what am I tending to buy in the next few months ? 50% ANDROID AND THE LEFTOVER TO iOS !

Oh, wait ! QNX by BB. That may change some percentages...

Comments 10 Comments
      Del, Del, Del. iOS is preferred for a reason. It works, no lag, no freeze ups, the UI is seamless, it's smoooooth. Poor RIM, maybe QNX will be a game changer, time will tell.
      ^^^^ I love Android 50% ! I like iOS 50% !
      "I love Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooold"
      ^^^ 2 many "o`s" Rato. I CAN'T READ ˇ!
      Fasha loves gooold too!!!!!
      traitors, BB rules!
      I preferred Android over both iOS & BB for my most recent purchase
      I'd be more impressed with IOS if it wee customizable out of the box. Being forced to jailbreak to see the is true potential seems a bit much.

Wonder his this survey was dine and where. Not that I care about who prefers what but most of the normal users can't identify by name iOS. Its just iPhone. I also wonder how many of those asked have tried other mobile os. Ask someone who's never touched an iPhone what they would buy and I'd bet they would answer with what they own (positive experience) or by whatever their carrier has (negative experience). If you own an iPhone (and are an average user, would you abandon your apps and tunes for a new os? If you have android (average user) would you go to bb? Vice Versa? Or would you try a newer device? If you have an 8900 and are happy, but your carrier only offers IOS (or android or WP7, ETC) are you jumping ship?

Average users would have mostly different answers than say above average stackers. Mix the two and you may have a better answer as to what os and why.

I'm sorry, I just get skeptical when I see graphs like this. Without knowing what exactly was asked of whom, its hard to......well care at all.

I prefer Android, with BBC second and iOS a distant third. I like to customize and root (no pun intended) around inside. I like to tweak and play. I also like ease, but that's not as important since I tend to pick things up quickly. I wouldn't want to have to find a new exploit everytime I upgrade my os, just to customize etc.

Eh, my 4 cents though.
      ^^^ all pertinent points.
      Statistical analysis are just what they meant to be. Its important to know who ordered them. And most arn't that independent.
      I agree that iOS should be customisable out of the box much like Android. No need to root the basic phone to achieve that.
      Regarding choices of OS, people will choose first what is given them, then if they have to pay, what the Joneses are using. If they can afford it, goody gumdrops, if they can't they'll go for the next best thing. It's here that the availability of operating systems with the carriers make the difference. Thats where the power sits.
      We the so called "experts" are a very, very small percentage of this market.
      Hey I like Toast especially when it's slightly burnt with marmalade, maybe thats why I still like the BB . Don't forget there are lies, damn lies and statistics. Statistics can be bent to whatever you wish to show, however I am sure there is a degree of truth in it all, BB needs to catch up, but in the end it depends on what you use it for, would I change my IPod for a different non Apple music player, no because I have over 9000 tunes on it, with Itunes handling them, I am sure that people with loads of apps will be in the same position with whatever phone they buy.
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in