• Newest Bold 9900 Will Be Delayed!

Bad News for BB Addicts

"Multiple Sources" have informed our friends over at BGR that the newest BlackBerry Bold, the 9900 Touch (originally scheduled for an August release on the Tmo network) will be delayed until September.

Technically, it is not a delay; BlackBerry itself has only stated a "Summer 2011" release worldwide, and Summer actually doesn't end until well into September. However, we received a leaked device roadmap from T-Mobile that pegged the introduction on the Big Pink and Grey network as being in August, and I imagine a lot of people have been saving their pennies for this release of RIM's flagship device.

Also, talk about poor timing! This is the first device with the new OS7, the new 1.2 GHz processor, and will be the first Bold with a capacitive touchscreen! This is the one that was to help keep RIM in the battle with the AndroidiOSWinPhone7 monster. And it's gonna be late?

markstone@pinstack.com
    Comments 6 Comments
      ...dejá-vous ? Playbook ? Now this ?
      Geez RIM ! !
      And you expect "us" to be patient and wait....I suppose !
      Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
      ...dejá-vous ? Playbook ? Now this ?
      Geez RIM ! !
      And you expect "us" to be patient and wait....I suppose !
      Everything good comes to those with patience.
      I have no plans to get the 9900 anyway, even though I have an upgrade. I do not see OS 7 being different enough from OS 6 to waste a 2-year upgrade. My plan is to wait until next year for QNX devices. If those are what I expect them to be, then I'll upgrade to one of them. If not, then I'll probably switch to Android.
      I think the new 9900 would be a cool device, it's just too bad that RIM delayed the device.
      I thought that the new monaco was gonna have OS7 just not QNX and that was scheduled to be release I believe either at the end of July.
      Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
      I thought that the new monaco was gonna have OS7 just not QNX and that was scheduled to be release I believe either at the end of July.
      It will run OS 7 whenever it is released. However, from most reports I've seen, OS 7 devices will not be capable of running QNX.
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in