How To: Remove PTT from AT&T 8310
by, 02-04-2008 at 08:18 PM (1259 Views)
Desktop Manager Software (Installed)
Handheld Software (Installed)
1. Once you get it all installed navigate to this path:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v220.127.116.11_P18.104.22.168
The OS version on your PC maybe different from in in the RED
2. Locate the Platform.alx and open it with notepad or wordpad.
3. Type CTRL+F and search for this: net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
4. Then you will see this:
<fileset pttApp="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="100">
5. Just change the vendorID from 102 to 100 like i did. (Basically change it to a vendorID that isn't yours) 100=TMO 102=AT&T
6. Save the file and now just start up Desktop manager and plug in your BB. It should prompt to update.
This method avoids the deletion of the actual .COD files. I found it a bad idea using that method since if you ever delete the wrong file it's a pain to get back.
Hope that helps.